Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ok I have got it running, it was the TDC issue I was not on compression stroke she is alive but her belts are squeeling so I gotta tighten them up an woo hoo for 82 lol!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know there is no spark I take the wire off number 1 spark plug and plug it into another plug hold it against the maniford, and with the remote starter kick the engine long enough to go through all 8 cylinders and there is no spark.
Using a remote starter to kick over your engine DOES NOT supply power to your coil and ignition system, this is not a valid test for spark... you need to either get an in-line spark tester or do a 2 man test. You need to have the ignition switch actually in the start position. You could also do it with the key in the run position.

On your starter solenoid, remove the small wire temporarily. hook up a volt meter to the positive side of your coil. and turn the key to on. You should have abt 10 volts. Turn it to the start position and it should go up to full battery voltage. That is one thing that the guy who did your MSD coil could've messed up.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts