Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everybody I am asking for help yet again. The problem seems to be a getting fuel problem, but I cant determine where to start. If I am correct this truck has the the dual fuel pump sytem per say. It has the one in the tank and the one in line pump. Now my question is is which one is the priming pump. I am having a hard time getting the truck to start right up after it has been sitting over night. It seems that there is no fuel in the line until I start cranking on it. It almost drains the dang battery trying to start if it sits longer than a night. Now I thought that when I turned the key that I should hear a pump already, but I do not. Now once you get the truck to start first thing in the morning it will start right up at anyother time during the day. Please let me know if I am on the right track or if I am out in left field on this one as I am a newby when it comes to issues like this one. Thanks as always...

Jason M

·
Super Moderator
14,742 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, but if I were you, I would have my fuel pressure checked at the rail. You can do this yourself by going to the fuel rail and depressing the little valve, fuel should shoot straight up, if it trickle, there is a proble. The condition you are describing sounds like one where your Bronco will start up fine once it has had a chance to build up sufficient pressure in the gas tank, which is why its so tough to start in the morning, the Bronco is cold. But once it has been started the pressure builds up in the tank. The short answer, is. 1. start by having your fuel pressure checked, or check it yourself. 2. check your fuel filter, it may be plugged up. 3. replace your fuel pressure regulator. 4. you might need a fuel pump, if when you turn your ingnition to the Key on position, and you do not hear the whine of the pump priming, something is not right. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts