Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think i gather all my necessary fittings, brackets, hoses and everything in between to start my oba.
Today i got my switch and bracket from offroadcontrols , looks nice

and the rest of the stuff

i think the tank is a bit to big, don't know if i'll keep it or just get a smaller one

and i don't really like the brackets

i'll keep you guys posted.

Do you think that my switch is set too high?, its a viair set at 110psi on and 145 psi off, and my safety valve is a 160 psi.... I didn't think it was to high but after doing some more research i think it will have too much pressure.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
what are you using for a compressor?...I noticed that when I was running a quick air 2 electric compressor that a higher cut of switch caused the compressor to really lag at the last few pounds...I went from a 145 cut off down to a 110 cut off switch.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, i'm running a york that i got from frogmann, damm fittings are expensive, i got the york with the roto lock, and i dind't go with the onboard air fittings because they cost 2 much $$, i got fittings from my local hardware store instead, it cost me about 30 some bucks, which is not that much cheaper but at least i save couple of bucks... Those damm fittings are so hard to get....... i'll post a pic on a lil bit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are some pictures of my york (kind of dark, didn't want to bring it up to the house)

and with the filter

and this is for the output side
5/8 female to 5/8 female ; 5/8 male jic to 1/2 npt female; 1/2 npt to hose ...

and the gauge with pressure switch and relief valve

and the bracket is from bronco air.. it is somewhere in the garage.. :shrug

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Where'd u get the tank from?

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Tim it's a York 10 out of a 78 Mercades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts