Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive got an 89 Bronco with a fuel injected 351 anf i am having some trouble. it always starts up great but blows black smoke when it does but runs well. but today it did something wierd. i put $50.00 of gas in it and got ready to leave and no start. it just turned over about twice as fast as normal and back fires like crazy. it smelled like it was flooding and kept backfrieing but no start. pushed it to the parking lot and tried somemore and the after a few minutes of turning over it started to make noise and started but would barely run. i held it to the floor and it spit like crazy for a second or two the revved. after this i drove it home and it spit till i ran it wide open then no more trouble. this is strange and i need to fix it. it has done this twice to me and i am worried next time it wont fix itself or run at all

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Pull codes.

Search for topics covering:

Fuel Pressure Regulator
TPS
ECT

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
sounds like your not getting a good spark or your getting too much fuel,

always pull codes first, it only takes 5 mins and a paper clip, check your fuel pressure, and ignition components, (i.e. plugs, wires, cap & rotor,) do some searchin too, lots of help on this forum

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
code question

sounds like your not getting a good spark or your getting too much fuel,

always pull codes first, it only takes 5 mins and a paper clip, check your fuel pressure, and ignition components, (i.e. plugs, wires, cap & rotor,) do some searchin too, lots of help on this forum
how do you check codes my check engine light never comes on unless i turn my key foward without cranking it

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts