1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few days I have been pulling code P0320 and code P0401
P0320-Ignition Engine Speed Input Circuit malfunction
P0401-EGR Flow Insufficient

Im not too concerned about the EGR code as Florida is not an emissions state.
What I am currently concerned about is the Stalling/Starting problems.

What happens, is intermintantly the truck will stall out. Usually at idle or close to it. When this does happen it will either start right back up, or it will take a few minutes for it to do so. When it does start up, it will either run for the rest of the drive, or will only run for a few hundred feet then stall again.
If it does manage to start, it will sometimes stumble on acceleration.

This is what I have done so far.
Replaced coil with an Accel 300 "intended upgrade" Replaced wires and plugs.
Pulled all the connecters I could find, cleaned them and reconnected. Checked fuel pressure, and it looked good. I am now down to distributer, ignition module, CPS, and Pump/Regulator.

Any input or idea's would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
does it run fine cold but start stalling when it warms up?
do you have a distributer mounted TFI module?
its a square thing mounted by 2 screws on the side of your distributer cap.
thats my guess

or maby IAC? does it run better if you raise the idle?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come to think of it, it always happens when it's hot. Im not absolutly sure on the TFI, at work so Im not really available to check. As for the IAC, the idle speed doesn't seem to effect it. Most of the time it stalls while slowing down. It has stalled while accelerating. The majority of my driving is on the highway, it hasen't stalled out, but it has tried to stumble at 70 mph.
I also forgot to mention that I replaced the cap and rotor as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi tarustwins, Did you ever find out the problem? I have a 96 Ford Bronco and it’s doing the same thing your Bronco was doing.

·
Super Moderator
26,717 Posts
yo C,
96 Bronco 5.0 ignition control module DY 1077 from Rock Auto is Genuine

On 21 May, 2019 I purchased a 96 Ford Bronco 5.0 ignition control module, Motorcraft® DY 1077 from Rock Auto.

I received it 23 May and noticed the usual Motorcraft® logo wasn't impressed on it.
The box looked the same as what I have purchased in past from our local Ford dealership.

I e mailed Ford Global Brand Protection and asked, "is this is a genuine Mototocraft part?"
Here's the reply;
"After reviewing the information you provided, the part you purchased appears to be genuine. The OE current model part does not have a Motorcraft/Ford logo on it and looks like the part in your photo. Since the vehicle model year for this part is very old the supplier of the part most likely has changed. Also we have not had any prior issues with Rock Auto selling non-genuine parts."
Lisa W.
Ford Motor Company
Global Brand Protection
"What Is Global Brand Protection?
The Global Brand Protection group exists to protect the consumer by ensuring high quality original equipment parts are used in your vehicle that are recommended by Ford Motor Company. Counterfeit products potentially compromise consumer expectations because they do not meet Ford Motor Company’s rigorous testing and quality control standards.

Global Brand Protection focuses on:
Preventing the distribution of and removing counterfeit parts from the marketplace
Ensuring that the company’s trademarks are used appropriately
Maintaining the integrity of the sale and distribution of Genuine Ford parts..."
Ford | Global Brand Protection

&

Hi tarustwins, Did you ever find out the problem? I have a 96 Ford Bronco and it’s doing the same thing your Bronco was doing.
Yo,
tarustwins last logged in here on Jul 31, 2012.

In event he or she does login soon, @tarustwins will get their attention.

Have you had a Code scan done?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts