Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

A few days ago i lost the spark in my bronco. I did most of the tests in the haynes manual and everything seemed to check out so i went to town with my truckfull of parts and changed the distributer, the icm 3 times, the coil, the eec relay, ignition switch and the computer. The plugs, distributer cap, rotor and plug wires all have about 1000 miles on them. None of this worked so i started to rip the wiring harness apart but i found no damaged wires. Then after this a went to remove the coil plug and the negitive side just "fell" out of the conector. Turns out that was the problem of my no spark. :doh0715:

So now i have great spark but when i go to start the bronco i just get the odd backfire through the carb. It does not matter how much i turn the distributer it just does the same thing (the rotor is turning). Another thing i noticed is that when i turn the distributer with the key on, it will make the eec relay reset. (i can't get the relay to reset by wiggling wires or the tfi module conecction, only when i turn the distributer???)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it working thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts