Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.

I just had new tires mounted on rims for the front of the bronco. The shop used static weights. I went rolling down the road and all I hear is clicking from the front wheels. Could the static weights be hitting the caliper? I know its a tight fit in there but I cant see well seeing as how the shields are in the way.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Do you still have the little center caps? if so i be they are loose

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
the little lungnut cover? i dont know what you call them..
See the little cap on my front rims? Mine made all kind of noise when they came loose

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No caps. Looked under and cant see anything. Going to a buddys to borrow a jack.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had weights on the inside of my rims. They were stacked up on top of each other on the inside of the rim. The rim would no spin due to the weight hitting the rim. I am looking at your pic and the front passenger inside wheel appears very close to you hub assembly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the weights. Couldnt them hit the caliper due to the shield being in the way. There isnt much room in there for the static weights to clear the caliper. I ended up just ripping them off. Went for a test drive and smooth as can be. Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts