Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I was a kid...I used to see race cars and I always noticed that they had the steel braided radiator hoses and I loved the way they looked! :toothless Ever since then I've always wanted them on a car of my own. :thumbup I did a search and didn't even find this under a topic ANYWHERE...but I've seen some kits that they sell at the auto parts stores where you cover your own radiator hoses with the stuff.
Sure it doesn't look AS GOOD as if you send the hoses off to be professionally covered but has anyone used these?
One concern is that the hose clamps would leak or not be as good as the el cheapo clamps that I use now.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
they will work just as good. some of them are better quality thou. like the clamps, there are some that youuse worm driven clamps covered up by the hex cover. then there is the kind that the hex is a clamp in itself meaning you tighten it and it gets tighter. no worm driven clamps.

But if you want the real deal then you need to invest in alot of money for the an fitting radiator and water pump and such.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slap it on your truck! That would look sweet! I wonder which brand would be the best/least pain in the butt to use?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
I f you buy the fake stainles covers like Specter sells there are a few things you should be aware of.

1. Putting covers over your hoses will insulate them.

2. If mud gets on them it is almost imposible to get out and will stain them a yellow ish coler.

3. Any degreaser like purple power will dull them.

4. If you have a hose leak they will turn green.

5. If anything rubs on them they will freay.

This is of course if they have not improved them since the mid 90's.

·
Excessively Engineered
2,917 Posts
Gacknar said:
2. If mud gets on them it is almost imposible to get out and will stain them a yellow ish coler.

Would that be a Yamish color? Your slackin Gack.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yam colored steel. Doesn't sound pretty. I may have to do some more investigating to see if it's REAL stainless steel or if they are all crap. I may need to do some internet searches.

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
x4

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A lot of People chiming in here that SPECTER is crap....is this from personal experience? Cuz it sounds like there is a whole FLEET of yam colored hoses on your rigs!:histerica

It's the YAM PATROL :thumbup

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like Cool Flex could spruce things up...but to replace all of my hoses...I could have bought myself a 10.25 and have it rebuilt....Expensive pieces of crap!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
i used the russle products cover. looked good till i cleand them with degreaser and as stated the went dull and never got the ends to look professional. for a street queen they are fine but (TO me) not worth a toy thats gets dirty often. i got alot of little holes from the ends as well. goto any speed shop and get real ones made if you must have them. i seen a clear plastic coating on some to make them look better longer....mike

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder what real ones would end up costing me? I'm scared to even ask...:shocked

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use the blue silicone goodyear hoses on evertything I drive. radiator and heater and vaccum

·
Registered
149 Posts
Million$dragon said:
A lot of People chiming in here that SPECTER is crap....is this from personal experience? Cuz it sounds like there is a whole FLEET of yam colored hoses on your rigs!:histerica

It's the YAM PATROL :thumbup
I haven't stepped up the the yam colored hoses yet. I was very satisfied with the Slinky that they managed to shape into a throttle cable bracket. I put tie wraps, string, every country-ass repair I could think of and my TV cable is still out of adjustment every other time I try to drive the Bronco. I'll bet I look pretty cool doing 30 and still in 1st gear tho :thumbup

1 - 20 of 23 Posts