Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a smittybuilt front bumper with the plastic end caps.
I'm looking for 3in round steel end caps I can weld to the bumper
I could use flat cut outs, but I'd rather have something with a dome to it.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
You can buy the domed caps you are refferring to from a steel supplier. Try a plumbing supplyer as well.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Look it up in the yellow pages for anybody that does sprinkler fitting or plumbing and ask where they buy their material from or if they will sell you what you need?

Look up steel supplier in the yellow pages too. Shouldn't be too hard, just let your fingers do the walking.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my weld on caps from Shape Products (web site above)
They are 3in OD 0.120 (aprox 1/8in) thick

I'm going to have them welded on to my rusty bumper before I repait it. This way the ends are stronger and sealed.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
You could think about turning that into an OBA tank...

·
Registered
959 Posts
I got my weld on caps from Shape Products (web site above)
They are 3in OD 0.120 (aprox 1/8in) thick

I'm going to have them welded on to my rusty bumper before I repait it. This way the ends are stronger and sealed.
i want one of those bumpers. does smittybilt still make them

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
Smittybuilt is out of business.

Good find Ryan, I knocked one of mine out on my Jeep, and I've been looking for a replacement.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Those caps will finish off the bumpers real nice

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You could think about turning that into an OBA tank...
Any plans for an OBA tank in the future?
:shrug I doubt the lower tubes and upper hoop are open to each other. I would have to drill holes and then repair those as well. I guess it will depend on how much time we have and how ambitious we are.
i want one of those bumpers. does smittybilt still make them
Smittybuilt is out of business.
Good thing I got this one for free. :toothless I choose this bumper because it was advertised with a 10yr rust warranty. I never got any paperwork with it, just the raw bumper with the UPS tag stuck on it. I called them dozens of times, waited on hold for 45 minutes, never got any help. So I went to my bank and stopped the payment, and they never fought the claim. :goodfinge
Good find Ryan, I knocked one of mine out on my Jeep, and I've been looking for a replacement.
Shape Products also sells these items in aluminum and stainless :thumbup
Those caps will finish off the bumpers real nice
I think so, lets just hope my painting skills do it justice :toothless :drinkbud
It will look good once sealed and repainted. Nice find on the end caps.
:beer It will make it stronger as well. The ends are easily dented with the plastic caps. These new domes might be the strongest part of the bumper when we're finished.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Plus given the wonderful paint job they did one may not want to trust the welds...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts