Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance to go fish'in this weekend on the creeks of Erie in Pa. Couldn't pass that up as I have never been there fishing before, for steelhead that is. Well it was chilly especially in the water but we were able to land one. Cool scenery:

The waterfall-

My son-

Me & my Son-

My bro in law-

The catch-

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
very cool, i havent had the ability to get my pa drivers liscence, but i brought my noodle rod, and fly rod up from sc. and look forward to doing some a that good fishing... that walnutcreek slick???

·
Registered
832 Posts
good catch. ive been wanting to learn to fly fish for a while but never get around to it

·
Billdo
2,191 Posts
good catch. ive been wanting to learn to fly fish for a while but never get around to it
teach yourself it may seem frustrating after awhile but fly fishying to is like swinging a bat or golf club. everyone has thier own form. throw a hula hoop out in you front lawn and practice casting into it from different distances. youll get good if you stick with it.

its the most relaxing thing i can think of even if you dont catch anything.

·
Currently FSB divorced
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cool, i havent had the ability to get my pa drivers liscence, but i brought my noodle rod, and fly rod up from sc. and look forward to doing some a that good fishing... that walnutcreek slick???

Actually that is Lower ELK, The lake is about 300 yards downstream. Walnut was jammed shoulder to shoulder and being first timers thought we'd need a little more space! We later went to the mouth of Walnut as that was jammed too, but they were pull'in 32+ inchers out of there!:rockon. All old timers:thumbup- bob

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Actually that is Lower ELK, The lake is about 300 yards downstream. Walnut was jammed shoulder to shoulder and being first timers thought we'd need a little more space! We later went to the mouth of Walnut as that was jammed too, but they were pull'in 32+ inchers out of there!:rockon. All old timers:thumbup- bob
i always flip flop elk and walnut, upper elk, and i mean way out usually has some p.i.g.s. in the bigger holes. theres gotta be enough water for them to get up there. biggest ive ever seen caught was pullout out of upper elk about 2 miles above the double tunnel train bridge.

the lowers are always filled with people, its the most dense places of fish. trout run is fun if your willing to sit around in cold water up to your ribs for hours on end, you move once and your spot is gone....

i love it though, i cant wait till i get back into the rythem. ive youve got the fever check out some of the __mile creeks. i know 6 miles popular. but theyres abunch of them, and a suprising following on the webs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts