Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a question for you guys. I can start my Bronco by pushing the ignition swith in and from jumping across the solinoid. It starts fine doing that, but I cannot shift gears. I the lever won't move from park. I looked under the truck and it appears nothing is binding on the linkage. I know there is some piece in the steering column that effects the linkage but if it was broke I am thinking the shifter would move but not change the gear. If you have any ideas please give them.

Again it does start. Just not release from park. :uhoh3

G

·
Take off the column cover and use a screwdriver to release the lockout mechanism. Then take yourself to ford for a new ignition

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is not the ignition itself, and wish it was got a spare in the Bronco now....

I found a broken piece and I can shift into reverse now progress.... I hope Ford sells the part I need.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
The same thing happened on my 86.
Unfortanantly Ford no longer sold the part I needed.
I had to buy a whole used column from Jeffs Bronco Grave Yard.
I have since them descoverd L.M.C. and they do sell the part.

Thou it may be diferant on your newer Bronco.

Let me gues, you got in turned the key heard a pop, And then the key had no resistance to it, it wouldnt crank, and you couldnt shift out of park.

At least thats what happened to me.

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea you are right. I will see if I can get the park, or else I will put it back without the piece. Either way I will be driving my Bronco tomorrow.

G

·
That is not an easy job, you have to pull the wheel, and start digging.
If you can get it out of park now, did you hear a crunch? If you did you will need a second piece which is major time to install.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ford uses alittle pot metal piece in the steering column that hooks to the inginition and gear shift....but you'll ned to break down the column to get to it...it's a pain to get to... ford carries the piece...i got an extra somewherer will look for it and send u a pic if u need......

·
Registered
213 Posts
dammit--this just happened to me tonite on the way back from dinner--kinda sucks when the truck wont shut off
Crazed--thanks for posting those pics--that is exactly what I need to fix mine--just want to verify the part number that is shown in the pic; it looks like "E9TZ-3E715-B" but I want to make sure

Thanks,
Jim

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man that would have helped last week, but it is doable, cause I just did it. I went to the ford dealership and just took the broken peice out of my pocket and the guy said yea we have that. It was 15.00 dollars and the part # is E9TZ-3E715-B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts