Man, I messed-up!
I thought you guys were ref. to the shift indicator in a C6; if so, then that's the URL and pages.
Now, if not, what tranny are we talking 'bout?
It would help in da future for the Profiles to be filled out a little more.
I spent an eye-crossing moments looking thru that Scanned doc; no search is avail in the pdf since it is scanned.
I went thru;
Chapter 6 Clutch & Transmission
Chapter 6 Part 2
& Chapter 6 Part 3
See the digrams and read it all;
The strg col parts break-out diagram is for a Crown Vic but similar to 92-96 Broncos
Shift Cable Adjustment
BEFORE BEGINNING, inspect items #26, 27, 28, & 34 in this diagram for looseness
Items #26 & 34 are known to get loose; #28 is known to wear.
Items #19 & 25 are known to break, and Ford offers upgraded versions.
see strg col parts break-out diagram http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/701936
CAUTION: Under no circumstances should the cable be adjusted in any position other than D (drive) for the C6 transmission (7003) or (D) (overdrive) for the E4OD transmission.
1. From inside the vehicle, place the transmission range selector lever in the DRIVE position (C6) or the OVERDRIVE position (4R70W and E4OD). Hang an improvised three-pound weight (#1) on the transmission range selector lever (#2).
2. Raise vehicle on a hoist and position suitable safety stands under vehicle.
3. Remove the shift cable (#5) from the transmission lever ball stud.
4. Pull down the lock tab on the shift cable body.
5. Position the transmission range selector lever (#2) in the DRIVE position (C6) or the OVERDRIVE position (E4OD). This is three detents from the front-most lever position with the first position counting as one.
6. Connect the cable end fitting to the transmission lever ball stud.
7. Push up on the lock tab to lock the cable in the correctly adjusted position.
8. Remove safety stands and lower vehicle from hoist. Remove the three-pound weight from the transmission range selector lever.
9. After making the adjustment, check for park engagement. Check the transmission range selector lever in all detent positions with the engine (6007) running to make sure correct detent/transmission actions. Readjust if necessary.
Shift Indicator Cable
1. Remove the four screws from the lower steering column shroud. Remove the lower steering column shroud.
2. Rotate transmission range selector lever clockwise until it bottoms out in first gear.
3. Rotate transmission range selector lever counterclockwise three detents (overdrive position).
4. Hang a three pound weight on the transmission range selector lever.
5. Center pointer in the middle of D if equipped with C6 transmission, or (D) if equipped with E4OD transmission, by rotating the thumbwheel located on right-hand side of steering column actuator housing.