Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I purchased a 93 Bronco last year and now have a question, 6 months ago I had it towed from work to a garage when it would not start. I was told at the time the linkage in the steering wheel broke which disabled the ignition. After fixing that they said the steering box was also bad so they replaced that. After driving with no problems since then suddenly Thursday morning I noticed it would not turn left easily(felt like manual steering). After reading thru the posts here I am 75% convinced it is a bad steering box and maybe I should take it back under warranty. But, from what I have read it could also be a bad power steering pump? If so I will go to autozone and do it myself. Sorry for being long winded but any advice would be appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Seen that on a friends bronco and turned out to be the ball joints on the left side were seizing up, I replaced them and all was well. It turned right with no problem, was just hard on the return to left. Perhaps it had some sort of mechanical advantage over the ball joints in the turning right direction and not so much when turning left. Anyways thats what it was on his bronco.

I put it on the hoist and disconnected or popped the tie rod out of the left side and tried to move the wheel in and out by hand, I could hardly move it myself, and thus I knew the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts