Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like it says.

Got a new power steering gear box. tapped by PSC. and it looks exactly like my ford box. the box i got used form another member on here who had it on his bronco for a year+. but the damn steering shaft will not go back on the splines. i've spent over 2 hours fing with it over 5 days. and a few hours replacing fence boards used to release the anger cause by this supposedly simple to attach piece.

WTF am i missing. everythign is clean, i've tried with a wedge to open up the old joint, i've tried without one. i've taken the drag link loose from the pitman, i've unlocked the steeringwheel, i've got oil on everything.

if i don't figure this out TODAY i'm gunna miss a wheeling trip. HELP

·
Registered
488 Posts
Do you still have the bolt in the rag joint collar? Its the bolt that you tighten to keep it on the splines.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
maybe take the steering shaft loose from the column, pull apart the slip and try just installing the lower portion?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just wanted to update this. last weekend a cousin of mine that works construction and is a body builder in his spare time came over. with me wiggling the sheering wheel and him yelling obsenities, we got the shafts together enough that i could get a pry bar in there and get it all attached.

·
In Front of Jopes
3,572 Posts
Its a extension shaft, so I just pulled it forward and tapped the ears with a piece of 2x4. The shaft has a flat bottom for lining shaft up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts