Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing the SaS on my 95 and im picking up the D44 soon. When i get it installed, Do i have to do any modifications to these links. Or will i be able to bolt these up no problem. What do i need to do???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK i did a search there it didnt say anything about modding the steering linkages. All i want is to know it i have to fab them in any way shape or form.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,784 Posts
From what I've seen you're going to want what I have listed on my SAS Additional Parts list on my SuperFord site. The adjustable linkage will make it a lot easier on you..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i wasnt wanting to spend $290 on linkages. What has everyone done, that has done the swap. I would really like to know before i go out and spend all this cash.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i got some chevy 1 ton tie rod ends (dont remember the part numbers). then got some DOM tubing i think it was 1.25 in dia. but i dont remember how thick. the tubing has to be thick enough for the machine shop to tap it. the Drag link was 2' and the center link was 3' 9" long. find some jam nuts and paint. total came out to under $200

edit- look here Tie Rods

Chris

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
dude, you could do the chevy crossover steering pretty easily. parts mike does the whole kit. i think you could use the same parts & get your own rod. es2226, es2227, es2233 & ...es2234 the rods ends are $100 roughly. so even if the tubes themselves are cheap, machine work will add up. i already posted a pic from http://www.partsmikeparts.com/tre_kit1.htm but the part numbers i gave you are for the parts shown minus the rod you see. his kit is $259 i think? you could use solid rod, some cold rolled. the taps arent that common so the shop here was going to charge me 1/2 the cost of them. seems to be easier to buy them from someone that has the taps & makes these unless you want to invest in the taps. see if raf can tell you what he used. just my 2 rods of 1.375" x .281" DOM tapped is going to cost me $125, thats not including the ends for another $100, so if you can adapt the stock stuff, thats the way to go.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
not bad, $255 for full size, 1.25" tube & there is a 1.50" version for $330. they look nice, but he uses 3/4" heim. there is a 7/8" chevy tie rod end available. but, he gives you spare ends, thats like $40 or more right there. still mine are only 2 rods for $125, add the 4 ends & thats $225. plus ive only seen one place that had 3/4" or 7/8" heims for cheap, that was $17 each.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
plug ugly said:
i like trevors stuff from wfoconcepts.com. It doesnt have the weld-on bungs for the steering rods. He taps the whole rod
yeah thats how mine are

1 - 12 of 12 Posts