Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is about 1/8 of a turn going both ways of slack in the steering wheel and i know that its not the steering box (or at least i think) what do i need to look at replacing or tightening so this will go away?? i know it something between the steering wheel and the box, nothing below there

·
Registered
48 Posts
sounds to me like you just answered your own question! if you know it's not the box and it's between wheel and box there is very few places you will see slack... at the rag joint and MAYBE at the slip joint where the steering column slides in and out. but I am willing to bet it's either the box itself or a linkage after the box. prolly a loose TRE.

if you are still running TTB, might check the TTB pivot bushings, they will sometimes act like a steering problem

-cutts-

·
Registered
784 Posts
my truck does the same thing. its not that bad.....just like trying to drive my boat in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
Get someone to go inside the Bronco and turn the wheel from left to right, while you look for worn parts. Your steering box may need a slight adjustment in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts