Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at new shocks when i stubled upon the steering stabilizer kits by rancho. Would a single stabilizer make a differnece in handling and control on road with a stock bronc or is it just mainly for offroad. I also think the look bad ass sticking out up underneath the bumper. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
959 Posts
i have a steering stabilizer on my 92. it has stock suspension and it definately helped. it doesnt like to drift anymore when turning and just gives a sense of stability even if on the stock suspension. i have the single rancho kit and its more than enough. the doulble should get used only with i believe 33 in tires and over.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have 33's and my rancho single stabilizer made a world of a difference. I dont know if dual stabilizers would be too much of a difference but i might try them anyway my bronco still has a little bit of wander but nothing enough to bother me too much.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I went with Skyjackers kit: made a lot of difference. Money well spent. Initially I bought a Rancho, but then sent it back because it mounts too low IMO. Wouldn't last long off-road. Skyjackers setup tucks nicely out of harms way.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
The Yak said:
I went with Skyjackers kit: made a lot of difference. Money well spent. Initially I bought a Rancho, but then sent it back because it mounts too low IMO. Wouldn't last long off-road. Skyjackers setup tucks nicely out of harms way.
Yak's right. If it mounts here, like mine did...

It'll end up like this...

After it broke off, I never even noticed a difference. I just took it off and haven't ran a stabilizer for about a year. They're pretty much pointless.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i should look into a skyjacker instead of a rancho if i will be doing any kind of offroading??

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
-

I always thought the rule was a single up to 35's then dual. The single made
a difference on my bronco with 33's. Hides worn out bushings and may help
preserve newer ones.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
im running dual stabilizers after i do the SAS with 9"lift and 37s- itll be pretty solid with handling- but i like going over kill on everything.
i think i read on rancho's site- you should only need the dual setup on tires bigger than 35s.
ace

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
i put a dual on mine, its got a 4" lift and 33's................it wasn't like an OMFG THIS IS AMAZING! but more of a , hmm, less bumpsteer, a littl eless drift, and variation in the wheel.

so i definatly like having it, and it is better than not, but i wouldn't worry about it if i didn't have one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts