Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
The parts stores list them having the same part numbers, so it would appear as tho they would be interchangable. However, and I hope someone can confirm, or correct this, but I believe the D60 is a bit wider than the D44. If that's the case, then you may as well just ask for parts for a D60

where in so. OR are you? I'm in Redmond

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Klamath Falls

The steering set-up is different though.

The f-350 has one tie rod knuckle to knuckle, then a dumb little drag link that connects to the top of the king pin.

On the 78 bronco set up I have, it has a tir rod knuckle to knuckle, but the grag link goes from the pitman arm to the passenger side of the tie rod.

Are you saying that the two tie rods will swap??

and yes the 60 is about an inch and a half wider, but I think that can be fixed with the tie-rod adusting sleeves.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had the tie rods off of a 96' F-350 w/D60. I used the link from the pitman arm to the tie rod, it's the right lenght for a SAS. The tie rod from knuckle to knuckle is wider and I didn't see where the adjusting sleave would shorten it that much. As far as the ends, to my knowledge, the tapers are all the same.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
that would be sweet if it fit. i wouldnt have to get the steering rods right away for the crossover high steer deal i want to use. man i am focusing on the D60 this weekend and we shall see how far i get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts