Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,928 Posts
That turned out way better and easier than I expected from previous info!

What piece did you mean by "With the billet adapter all you gotta do is take the piece off the bottom of the stock wheel and install it on the grant adapter"? I don't remember a removable piece on the bottom of the stock wheel, unless you're referring to the plastic turntable thingie the sliding pins go in? If so, that would explain why the sliding pins remain behind. I expected they would be removed in favor of whatever system the adapter uses.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Remove 3 gold screws to remove clockspring

bare column

floating pin assy from non-airbag column installed.

You can see in this pic the pins are attached via a threaded hole in the column. Its not one of the holes that holds the clockspring in place, but its there nonetheless. Ford used the same column in pretty much every truck 92-97 so lots of parts interchange.

This harness is most likely why some steering wheels 'dont fit' the airbag trucks. If i had to guess, they fit just fine, but you would need to delete the airbag, and install the floating pin assy from a non-airbag truck, which is probably against the law or something. Seems unlikely that aftermarket manufacturers can legally sell something that deletes an airbag.
Hold the phone...

I know the clock spring can be a problem that causes whatever issues.

I have a 96 with an airbag and am going to replace the steering wheel with a non airbag steering wheel...

When I do that, can I remove the clock spring with no side effects?

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,881 Posts
can cruise control still function running a non-airbag steering wheel, my bronco is a 94 and was thinking of going with a 92 model wheel.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,816 Posts
Yes, if you get the horn pad with the cruise buttons. Dont even need the whole wheel, just the horn pad.

Edit: You still need the non-airbag wheel, i was just saying that the cruise & non-cruise horn pads are interchangeable on them. I swapped the non-cruise wheel in cuz it was all i had, then got a cruise horn pad for it later.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
what part number was this you used from grant cant find adaptor Thank you in advance,
Yo SLidestep,
I didn't perform the swap which was posted on supermotors a few years ago. Will look for info.
Introduce yourself in Introductions section at Introductions
Al

·
Super Moderator
26,998 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts