Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Cell phones

I had a blackberry but got fed up with it but looking back i think it was just a bad one that got shipped out. I now a have motorola backflip "droid" its good so far i have only had it for about a week only draw back is ATT does not have unlimited internet now.

:doh0715:

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I'd go with the Incredible, or wait for the Droid X.

I wouldn't suggest the iPhone 4, they've received pretty terrible reviews (materials used, quality assurance, etc)and are behind the curve hardware wise.

What network are you going with?

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
-If you want a more business type phone go with the Bold. (I have a curve, but I work financing and the business/management/financing apps on blackberries are incredible)
-you want a fun phone with a lot of social networking, games, and goofy apps - HTC incredible
-you want a mix between the 2, keeping the touch screen aspect - go with the storm

·
Registered
496 Posts
they do like x amount of traffic a month and they'll tell you its basically unlimited and that you prolly will never go over it. they do that for bandwith reasons

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
:stupid I think I'm at 47MB this month so far (I dunno when the billing cycle ends, but I don't usually use more than a few hundred MB a month).

Go Incredible, man. :thumbup

Android f*cking rocks, and this phone is like a drug. . . but it helps to keep me organized, much UN-like a drug. :rofl:

I'd go with the Incredible, or wait for the Droid X.
:stupid x1000. If you can wait, that's going to probably be a better option.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
I've got Sprint and actually have no problems with them as long as I deal with a direct store instead of dealing with George(haji) over the phone or internet. My wife has a BB that I can't recall the name of(It's Purple, that's why she got it) and I have a TouchPro2. I wanted to stay with WinMo because I'd been using a Pocket PC for work for many years and had collected tons of programs for it. My next phone will probably be a Droid though if by then they have compatible medical software to go with it. With the Sprint Everything plan, I pay half as much as the other major companies do for unlimited usage. I have yet to have issues with call quality or service area. I had been a Nextel user since around '98-2000 and only recently converted over to Sprint completely this past January when we upgraded our phones and I converged into the TP2 so I didn't have to carry around my Aximx51v and Phone all the time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a Sprint HTC Evo and it's pretty sweet. The Android phones will eat battery life pretty quickly (especially my Evo), but once you get past that, it's great phone.

I missed my Blackberry up until about 3 weeks after I got my new phone. The internet is friggin' awesome. It's like a mini computer. If you really need business hardcore, and need to cut back on data usage, stick with the Blackberry. Otherwise, Droid is good.

The keyboard on my Evo is pretty stout and well placed. It takes a little while to get used to typing on and you can kiss driving while texting goodbye. I could do it on my Blackberry just the same as continuing on a conversatino with the passenger or playing with the radio.

Last but not least, the apps are pretty good and you should be able to find 'em.

The big drawbacks for me are the poor battery life and the few bugs they have in the phones. I feel as if the Apple iPhone may be a better choice regardless. Being tethered with Sprint didn't give me much options in switching networks, so Droid it is for me, unless I want to gamble and wait til Christmas when the iPhone may come to Sprint.

As far as the iPhone problems, the reception is a big one and I played with a friend's iPhone 4 the other day and it did indeed drop reception within about 2 minutes of holding it in my hand trying to cover reception. He has a bumper and sees no issues with reception with it on.

-rockstate

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have an HTC Hero and LOVE it. My mom has an I-phone and my step dad has a Storm, and in my opinion, the Hero blows them both away. I don't know if this true or not, but i heard that there are going to be more apps for the Droid than the I-phone.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I used to say that the iphone is the best phone out there because of the apps. Now that the Android OS is out for the phones, I would say get a phone with the Android OS. That is the way to go. I am keeping my iphone until the Dell Streak comes out, then I am switching faster than a bulimic model can puke up lunch!

·
I see Broncos
6,010 Posts
Just had some hands on with the incredible yesterday and I can say it's a pretty slick phone even with HTC's UI built into it. Buddy of mine is going to put it through it's paces this weekend but my initial thoughts is it's a pretty sturdy phone with a good processor (1 GHz).

Droid X, I wouldn't bother. Really the only difference between the original Droid (Which I have) and the Droid X is it has a slightly faster processor (750 vs 500 MHz) a slightly larger screen and a better physical keyboard that you will never use.

BB? Sorry, I havent used one of those things in about 4 years. My knowledge is way too dated.

FYI the VZ "Unlimited" data plan is 5 GB a month. Unless you are tethering all the time it's going to be pretty hard to go over that. Even when I tried I didn't go over 3.6 GBs in a month.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
froggmann can you elaborate on tethering? do you mean like wifi?
tethering is when you use a usb cable to your labtop or use your phone as your ISP connection the internet.

I love the moto droid we got. mine has been problem free, the wifes dropped calls and they replaced it. other than that no issues with either of them and we use them alot. :thumbup

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
there's no such thing as a labtop :goodfinge

·
Registered
142 Posts
I thought the DroidX was gonna have a 1 gig processor just like my Evo?

Also it has a pretty sleek 8 mp camera as well as a camcorder that'll do 720p.

Here's a pic and a video from my Evo.

I always show that pic b/c when I zoom in on the phone, the headlights are phenominally crisp, as well as every other detail of it.

-rockstate

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
If you've got the skrilla for an HTC Incredible, definitely get the Incredible. It's faster than the Blackberries, and the Droid OS is so much more capable than the Blackberry.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Blackberries tend to slow down over time, as did mine. Might be due to a large amount of text messages, I dunno.

The Android software doesn't have a WHOLE lot of learning curve.. or maybe since I'm okay in technology, it didn't phase me. I've had it for one day short of a month now and I still play with it constantly. Seems like a trend in my life lol

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 58 Posts