Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I installed a Stereo into my FSB. Aftermarket Head unit, Rear Speakers, Door Speakers, Amp, and Two Subwoofers. Everything has worked fine for about a year, until today. I was listening to my Classic Rock, I pulled into the gas station to run in for a Cactus Cooler, I came back out, started her up, and no sound coming from my stereo. The CD Player says that the track is playing, I can see the seconds going by, but no sound AT ALL, no static or anything.

I cut the factory wiring harness and hardwired the wires to my Head Unit Plug, so I'm thinking one of the wires may have shorted out or something. I checked the fuses and they are all good. Just wanted to see what you guys think before I go and rip everything apart.

Let me know if you guys want more information.

·
Registered
490 Posts
If you have any other working head unit around, stick it in there and see if you get sound. It sounds like it's the head unit to me. Sounds like you are driving the 4 regular speakers with the HU, right?

Some head units are able to turn off the internal amp, check to see if this happened somehow.

Make sure you don't have it MUTED! :doh0715:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts