Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i removed the stock stereo from my bronco i got a cd player and im having trouble dong the install on the electrical part. dose anyone have the wire color codes for a 1989 bronco. also i have 4 extra wires from the wiring of the truck, what should i do with the extra wires?

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
I don't have the wiring chart, but if your Bronco still has the factory plug, for about $10 you can get the adapter with the loose ends. Check Walmart. The box will have the wiring color code.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are the constant and switched for? is the constant when the key isnt in the ignition and the switch is when the key is in and there is power? what wire would i use for the power?

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
If I remember the constant is red and holds the memory of the radio. It is connected directly to the battery. The yellow wire is the switched and hooks to the ignition so the radio can only be turned on when the ignition is on. If you want to run the radio without the key, you can run the switched through a toggle switch wired direct to the battery.

Don't forget to vote for FOTM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tony....you have that backwards. Yellow is constant and red is ignition for the industry standard aftermarket radios. Constant power means just that...a continuous power supply. Ignition or switched power means it is controlled by the ignition key.

·
Super Moderator
25,810 Posts
yo
Color Codes & Connector Pinouts for 87-96
Source: by Ford via Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

1 - 7 of 7 Posts