Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new rear driveshaft a few days ago from High Angle and ran into a bit of a problem when installing it today. When I measured the cup width I layed a ruler across the yoke like in the picture and came up with 1 3/16" which is a 1350. I failed to notice that the cups actully flare out a bit at the ends so my measurement was incorrect. It actually measures out as 1 1/8". What the hell size u-joint would that be? I thought I read somewhere that Ford used some goofy size yoke on the Sterling axles.
My next step I guess is to find a 1350 yoke for my Sterling 10.25 axle. Does anyone even make them? If not what the hell do I do?

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
I dunno what's going on with your yoke, maybe it's worn. The 10.25's either uses the Ford-style 1330 or the standard 1350. Ford sells the yokes if you need them plus I have an extra OEM 1350 yoke I'll sell but you'd need to confirm whether you have the long or short style yoke. Here's a pic of the two different length 1350 yokes- http://ylobronc.users.superford.org/axle/1025yokes.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts