Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my sterling swap, im having a problem with the brakes though. Im on a budget so i didnt replace the hardware and the shoes look good, but i did have to replace one cylinder, possibly the other. When i got on the road after bleeding the brakes i found i have little to no braking in the rear, so i adjusted it and it still isnt very good, the pedal is very soft. So i took the drums back off to check it out again and found that only one pin on each cylinder in moving, i dont know if this is right. My e-brake also isnt working.:banghead

Should i just replace all the brake part and hope for the best?

I did a search and found i possibly need to convert to a 1ton brake booster and master cylinder, is this true and will it fix the problem, also is ths bolt up? Or should i just replace all the brake part and hope for the best?

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
Nope. There is a bleeder valve on the ABS/RABS valve too. IIRC that gets bled right after the rear brakes before doing the front, but I may be wrong in the order.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I had the same problem you had when I put in my Sterling. I had to replace the cylinders on mine. I still run the stock booster and my brakes work fine and I have a 1 ton front also. One of these days I will swap in a 1 ton booster though. And my e-brake was soft feeling at first but has since gotten firmer...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did u have to modify ur e-brake cables at all, ive tightend the adjusteron the frame all the way and still have no e-brake

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
My Bronco doesn't have an adjuster on the frame, its a 95. I think that is on older ones. Are you sure one of the cables isnt broke? I had to put in new cables on mine because one was broke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts