Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
steve83 help on a/c

I took the blower motor off and i cleaned all the leafs out but still blows real light. But it sound like i got only 2 speeds low and when i turn it on high its like alittle stonger then the low but nothing coming out...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Huh I thought I just answered this one... Mine did almost the exact same thing (low was low, medium was slightly faster and then high was actually slower than medium) and after cleaning the blower it still didn't work and it was the blower motor switch. Pull the control module and check that the plug and switch terminals are good and clean. Mine actually had two wires crossed and was melted. Had a bunch of ash junk on the back of the switch too. I just cut the plug off and spliced on female spade connectors, took the switch apart and cleaned the burnt plastic off the terminals, and hooked it back up (keep the plug for reference on which wire hooks up to which connector on the switch). It may not be as bad as mine but you just might have a bad contact so pull it apart and clean the contacts with a wire brush if nothing else. Might also look inside the switch mechanism, mine had a bunch of gunk in there.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
If you have only low and only high there is an inline resister (i think it's called a resistor) that probably went bad. I THINK the resistor is in the ventilation ducting in the passenger side footwell inside the cab.

Pull it and replace it and that motor will probably work allright.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
the resistor is located on the air box under the hood near the pass side...iirc it has 2 screws and one plug attached to it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Off topic but doesn't iirc stand for "If I Remember Correctly"? People use it all over the place here so if it is talking about the name of a part I am really confused...

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
Pantsman said:
Off topic but doesn't iirc stand for "If I Remember Correctly"? People use it all over the place here so if it is talking about the name of a part I am really confused...
yes iirc is IF I RECALL CORRECTLY...not the name of a part...I think the part is called the blower resistor....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts