Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i made a post abot this before and i couldnt find it so i made another,
my goddamn brake pedal is squishy, i have replaced everything, drums, shoes, brake cables,and hardware in the back. and calipers, pads, rotors, bearings in the front, and the goddamn pedal is still squishy, i bled the brakes so many times its insane, what is going on?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Check the master cylinder

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sounds like it could be bypassing internally. Unbolt it from the booster and see if it is wet at the back of, first. You could try to plug off the lines on the master cyl. If it still will push down after bleeding, it is bypassing internally.

Also, not to insult your intelligence, but are you bleeding the system properly?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I wont even respond to any of your questions until you remove that film clip from your sig. wrong forum for something so gruesome

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok il get rid of it, when you say the back do you mean the par where it bolts to the booster?

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
That's better, at least you don't see some poor guy get his brains blown out repeatedly.

Do your wheel cylinders and calipers show any signs of leaking? If so replace. did you forget to tighten a bleeder valve?
Are you using one of those "easy" bleader valves? Maybe you have a faulty one.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I had the same problem. I looked at the back of the master cylinder and it was dry. So I said what the hell boosters looking rough might as well change that. I test fitted and tested and cha-ching firm pedal and working brakes!

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i cant figure it out, mabe ill try the booster, its only $63, and if thats not the problem ill do a master which is $20 after that im lost

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
EDIT: just saw your post ( number12), i was just suggesting you do that.

but shit, just do both at once, that way you have it apart once, you're done, no worries, etc.

and don't get the cheap "rebuilt" bullshit, get the new stuff, you don't want rebuild stuff just saying "i'm cheap, i'm gonna die.............NOW" when that guy in front of ya decides to stop for no apparant reason.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know, im going to do it anyway, i actually went for inspection yesterday and would have failed but i slipped the inspector $20 and he passed me so the least i can do is get it working properly

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
colinlesser said:
i actually went for inspection yesterday and would have failed but i slipped the inspector $20 and he passed me
Brilliant, a rocket scientist in the making!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Seems as though you never learn. Slip the guy twenty bucks so you can drive a truck on the streets with faulty breaks. I believe that is all MyFullSize is trying to say when you blasted off with STFU.

Do keep us posted on what finally fixes the problem, Baked

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
colinlesser said:
i know, im going to do it anyway, i actually went for inspection yesterday and would have failed but i slipped the inspector $20 and he passed me so the least i can do is get it working properly
thus the reason i put the underlined part

1 - 20 of 31 Posts