Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my starter went out again, so i bought a new wrapped it with header wrap to keep the heat off, cuz ive been havin hot start problems, now sometimes when i go to turn the motor over the starter just sits there and spins, it sounds like the starter isnt engaging and touching the flywheel, it just sits there and spins, then after several trys it will eventually crank.
What should i do?, and also i still have hot starter problems.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Might want to make sure it is a hot starter problem and not a bad wire.I had the same problem on my 89 and it turned out to be the main ground wire off the battery.I found it had too much resistance when it got hot under the hood.I replaced the cable and cleaned the connections and haven't had a problem since.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to get a ground wire right now, but i can spray the starter down with a water hose let it set about 30 mins. and it cranks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ive put another brand new starter, new battery cables both of them,
new selinoid, new battery. checked the timing, tried jumping it off.

Im running out of things to do, guys i really need help i dont know what else to do, im tired of buying and replacing starters. Ive searched and searched i just cant find anything out. I need help bad.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts