Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced everything I can think of and still no heat!

I first drained all the coolant from the radiator & and heater core.

Then put a new thermostat in it, new upper & lower radiator hoses. Put 50/50 coolant in it. Got the engine warmed up added some more 50/50 and that was full.

Went for a half hour drive in 30 degrees of weather outside and it jsut blows cold air. In the summer the heater worked hot as hell, so I thought perfect for the winter.

Still no warm air.

So then I though it has to be the heatercore then. I then got a brand new one from Napa for $25 and installed it, hooked that wire up on top too. let the truck warm up and still blows cold air.

I then today double checked everything, and everything looks good!! I took that cover off and watch the heatercore door open and shut just fine. I even had the truck running and that heatercore was nice and hot. I htink I thought just leave that cover off, and then atleast the passenger would be warm. So its hot thier and then when the cover it back on and you have the fan blowing, it just blows out cold air.

I just don't get it anymore. Do I need maybe 75% coolant & maybe 25% water?????? Or other way around. I'm so confused can anyone help me out!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
The coolant/water mixure won't affect your heat to the point of NON having any warm air...But I wonder if the heater core that you installed was a bad one. Sometimes you never know with new parts...I've had new part crap out on me. It sure sucks.:cry

·
Lick my balls
13,047 Posts
First off, you doen't have to start a new thread, second this isn't rocket appliance we're talking about here it's a heating system in a bronco. It can't be that difficult to figure out what is and isn't working go to sleep when. If you're only getting cold air then the vent door isn't working right. Clearly you are missing something here. I just don't know what to tell you without being there and seeing for myself.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this sux I don't know what it is, The only thing I can think of is the heater control gauge, and I took that out, turned the switch watched it open and close the heater door just fine. So dont have a clue, hate to get rid of a truck that runs and drives great and just has cold air blowing out.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,698 Posts
waltman said:
First off, you doen't have to start a new thread, second this isn't rocket appliance we're talking about here it's a heating system in a bronco. It can't be that difficult to figure out what is and isn't working go to sleep when. If you're only getting cold air then the vent door isn't working right. Clearly you are missing something here. I just don't know what to tell you without being there and seeing for myself.
Still haven't mastered that thing have you?

All your doors for your heater controls are vaccum operated, if you get a leak, the doors won't move.

Start checking vaccum lines to make sure that door is moving

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/258027/original/Heater.JPG

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
if the core is getting hot, then it has to be after that in the system. The only thing that would allow cold air to blow in that I can think of is the blend door. The air is simply not passing over the core.

brad

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
yeah...I was thinking about multiphat's post on the same thing. you're right

brad

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darb said:
if the core is getting hot, then it has to be after that in the system. The only thing that would allow cold air to blow in that I can think of is the blend door. The air is simply not passing over the core.

brad
That is exactly what is happening! Now how to I check that??

Also yep this is on my '93 Bronco XLT 302 V8.

And you guys told be to put a new heater core in and then it would be fine. Normally yeah that would fix it, but looks like my old one was fine then.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Easiest way is to follow the control cable for your heat/cold control. On my '88 it goes right to the top of the blend door located in the box just to the left of the heater core. Once you find that, get the truck up to temperature, then flip the lever on the door by hand to see if there's a change.

Not 100% sure, but I would guess that's your problem. Sounds like your cable either came loose somewhere or the control is messed up.

nine times out of ten if the heater core isn't leaking then it's fine. The other one in ten it's clogged and can be flushed out with a garden hose.

brad

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bronco Rob said:
Check the cable operated blend door.....

Make sure the door is opening and closing when you actually turn the heat up.
ok guys,
I just did that. Still tame old issue. Also I checked that cable, and it is connected right up to the hot/cold gauge, I know they are common to brake right thier.

Yep I watched the door open and close, I then put the heatercore cover back on and then thecked it, and it opens and closes good.

Also did noticed then I had the door on either side, that I still felt cold air getting sucked in up by where the wipers are.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,424 Posts
There is also a vacuum operated diaphram under the hood in the rear pass side corner of the engine compartment that only operates when you go to max a/c. It closes off out side air so you're only recirculating inside air. It might help a little bit to manually override it with a tie wrap. I've done this and it really helped. I also agree with checking the cable that operates the blend door, it can be finicky(sp?) when putting back together.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,424 Posts
BuckingBronco93 said:
Also did noticed then I had the door on either side, that I still felt cold air getting sucked in up by where the wipers are.

My previous reply

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RLKBOB said:
There is also a vacuum operated diaphram under the hood in the rear pass side corner of the engine compartment that only operates when you go to max a/c. It closes off out side air so you're only recirculating inside air. It might help a little bit to manually override it with a tie wrap. I've done this and it really helped. I also agree with checking the cable that operates the blend door, it can be finicky(sp?) when putting back together.

hey hey I like the sound of this. The a/c only blew out warm air in the summer anyways. I saw that lil vacume line going to that diaphram right by the heater fan. How do I get at that guy and use a tie wrap, this sounds relaly good I like it... just need a lil more info please.:rockon

1 - 20 of 57 Posts