Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im back after bout a month my laptop kicked the bucket. so awhile back i installed a new heater core and then i opened up the value door that is on top of the heater core. still no heat, wondering if there could be any that i could of missed?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hoses warm going to and from the heater core? Even if they are hooked up backwards, you will still get heat.

Sounds like a possible blockage on the engine block (hot side) of the engine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check the blend door, cable may of come off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Weird..... hopefully others will chime in with a answer, our heater/AC systems are horribly uncomplicated...... There isnt too much more left!

·
penis
3,320 Posts
the hoses are getting warm after i turn the heater on
You shouldn't be getting after you turn on the heater the hoses should be getting hot as the engine warms up. I am guessing an air pocket in one of the hoses, or a clogged hose/passage going to the hose. Replace the hoses and rebleed the cooling system.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Start with the basics, after running the engine to normal operating temp the top radiator hose should be hot indicating the T-stat is working properly but if the hose isn't hot either the T-stat was installed backwards or it's fubar and should be replaced.

Next, check and make sure you hooked up the heater core/hoses correctly, the hose that comes directly off the water pump should go the the heater core tube on the left side and the other hose that goes to the side of the engine passing under the FI plenum to a metal tube to an octagonal tree in the lower intake manifold goes on the right heater core tube tube...inline and return etc...the tree has an ECT sensor and lower TB cooling tube/hose, most BKO's anyway.

Don't over look the radiator CAP, make that's OK as well and flush the over flow tank so it's clean and won't recycle any build up back thru the system...

If the blower motor is working then you need to check all the little "vacuum canisters", to me they look like mini beer kegs and the fresh air canister is under the hood near the firewall and passenger side hood hinge with a couple of vacuum lines that go thru the firewall inside so make sure those lines are OK..

Check the heater plenum underneath the dashboard for any blockage etc. then if necessary pull off the heater core box and make sure the blend door and cable are OK, make sure if it leaked coolant in there you wipe it out or it will smell thru the vents with the heat on...

Inside the dash behind the radio bezel IIRC, there are 2 or 3 "vacuum canisters" you can check, PITA but these attach to the select levers for AC, Heat, Defrost etc. etc. you'll probably need to pull both the radio bezel and glove box to get better access if you need to pull or replace any.

I would have "back flushed" the cooling system which should be routine maintenance once a year...this would insure good heat for colder regions AND flush out any rusty, sludgey build up through out the engine, water pump, radiator and heater core so the engine runs cooler overall. I'm really not in favor of using chemcial flushes for this as it can remove too much scale inside possibly thining out the block causing overheating problems etc.

Cooling system hoses ie: radiator/heater/bypass hoses can be washed in Tide to remove any build up so long as they are re-useable otherwise replace them, why take a chance...

Now you have a good handle on the enitre cooling system knowing it's doing it's job properly.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
I've got some videos of my engine bay on www.supermotors.net/17406 OR click there on "my flip video library" and scroll maybe there's enough to view and get a good idea....

I do know that a diagram of the vacuum canisters etc. exsits on www.broncolinks.com so try there as well and maybe that will also make it clear ....

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts