Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you may know, I'm still on the hunt for a bronco. But now, I have found a good competitor. I'm a mix of mopar man and ford guy, so I found a new competion for the bronco. A Dodge Ramcharger. It has only abut 80,000 miles on it and he is selling it for about $5,000. It runs great and is in great condition and has the camo paint. He is only selling it to pay for the ram.

Here's a pic.

And here's the pics of the bronco.

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
it all depends on what you want. i would be torn between the two as well. i love the ramchargers and the broncos. which one do you think would be better for you? you know what you are going to do with it so it is all up to you

ken

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken. The ramcharger is ool 'cause it had a 5.9 swap, but at the same time, it'd be cool to drive the bronco 'cause I hear more good things about the bronco. I'm having a hard time choosing. I might have to do an enie mineie miny mo type of thing. :toothless I guess it mainly relies on what funds will allow. Dang, tough choice.

-Cliff

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Hm...you seem to already drive two dog's..er..dodges.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Clodbuster said:
Thanks Ken. The ramcharger is ool 'cause it had a 5.9 swap, but at the same time, it'd be cool to drive the bronco 'cause I hear more good things about the bronco. I'm having a hard time choosing. I might have to do an enie mineie miny mo type of thing. :toothless I guess it mainly relies on what funds will allow. Dang, tough choice.

-Cliff
That would scare me, simply because if you don't know the guy that did the swap, he might of been a hack and the thing is running because he is extremely lucky!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
79F150 said:
The top doesn't come off on the Ram Charger.... The Bronco does...:rockon
Some years, but this one doesn't.

Saurian said:
Hm...you seem to already drive two dog's..er..dodges.
Nope, i drive the Chrysler and sometimes the ram. But the parent's own the ram. Sure is fun to drive though.

1clean5.8 said:
you change your name??
Yup. I came in under my uncle's name a week or two ago. He had to head off to somewhere to seperate my other crazy uncle from his ex wife in a wild divorce. His ex wife wanted the house, then he wanted it, he was an alcoholic and she was an exotic dancer. Finally my sane uncle went sown to cool things down and we moved in here. He left the house with everything in it figuring he'd be back in a few days. Now things didn't really turn out that way. So here I am, searching for a bronco. His name's still up, but bakednaz recomended I create an account for myself in case he were to come back. Which he might if he ever gets a computer wherever he went off to.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
Clodbuster said:
Yup. I came in under my uncle's name a week or two ago. He had to head off to somewhere to seperate my other crazy uncle from his ex wife in a wild divorce. His ex wife wanted the house, then he wanted it, he was an alcoholic and she was an exotic dancer. Finally my sane uncle went sown to cool things down and we moved in here. He left the house with everything in it figuring he'd be back in a few days. Now things didn't really turn out that way. So here I am, searching for a bronco. His name's still up, but bakednaz recomended I create an account for myself in case he were to come back. Which he might if he ever gets a computer wherever he went off to.
wow

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Yes I knew the older Ram Chargers had a removable top but I can also see that one does not have a removeable top...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
79F150 said:
Yes I knew the older Ram Chargers had a removable top but I can also see that one does not have a removeable top...:rolleyes:
I was assuming you did, but I didn't find out myself until a year or two ago. But if I'm right, it's the whole top, not just the back. Well, this saturday I'm gonna run down and take another peak at it. We are also gonna pick up the trailer.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
the ram charger already has a solid axle up front. the bronco is TTB. so that saves some work if u ever think about doing the swap cuz the ram charger is SA and is easy to lift with leaf springs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know, the ramcharger I think already has a 2 inch suspension lift, the camo paint and the blacked out rims like I like, but the bronco has the rear spare tire carrier which I like alot. Damn this is getting frustrating!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Screw the crapcharger get the bronco......lol:twak

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
davids78bronco said:
So pick one, and stick with it
Yep, this is the one. I just didn't want to f*ck with my uncle's account since he's real picky. I did that once before and then everyone thought he was a 16 year old. :toothless But hell, wherever he is now, he probably may never get back on FSB. But bakednaz recomended I make my own account so I did. I also found some cool pics on his computer.

The bronco is looking like the best choice now.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I know nothing about ramchargers(or broncos for that matter:toothless ), but do the dodges have as many readily available aftermarket parts as broncos? That would have some influence on my decision making. They both look pretty nice though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been looking through catalogs to find aftermarket ramcharger lifts and so on to make the rig trail ready. I haven't seen to much, but I think the bronco has alot more parts readily available 'cause they seem to mix them with the F-150s. Ramchargers are also some hard finds to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts