Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wandering if it was ok to take a stock bronco through small cotton fields and mud without having and problems.

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
as long as you have some good tires and a workin t-case/manual locking hubs... you should be ok...
make sure you got somethin to pull you out- cus youll get stuck... stock bronco tires are only 10.50- they dont do too good in mudd...
ace

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes it should be fine to do thoes
i took mine through a ton of mud with bald alt's and was fine

·
Dead Horse
5,933 Posts
BRONCS'RULE said:
I was just wandering if it was ok to take a stock bronco through small cotton fields and mud without having and problems.
you wont have any problems as long as your 4wd works. mines got me through stuff i went into just to get stuck, and suprised me i made it out the other side

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go for it man. I used to get my little ranger stuck in highschool all the time and just have friend pull me out only to go right back in and get stuck again. If you get in too deep and it is watery I would repack grease in the wheel bearings afterwards.

·
Registered
517 Posts
check your 4 wheel drive to make sure it works and have fun! just remember not to try and go too far... always try to back straight out when you get stuck.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
if your 4x4 works you will be fine, just not through extremely deep mud. Do you have permision to wheel, the way you worded it sounds like you just want to rip through fields and not get caught
dave

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
massbronco said:
you should be fine but bring someone else with you so you have someone to pull you out if you do get stuck.. dont wheel if your not sure if it's private property
X2.... Make sure you take a good strap of about 30 feet with you and a way to hook it from one vehicle to another. Dont rely on bumper balls either:wacko

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I hope you realize once you take it into the mud you're going to turn into a full blown addict like the rest of us.:toothless Lift, bigger tires, lockers, winches. It never ends. It's almost worse than crack, one hit and your addicted.:smokin:

·
Registered
58 Posts
kenny714 said:
I hope you realize once you take it into the mud you're going to turn into a full blown addict like the rest of us.:toothless Lift, bigger tires, lockers, winches. It never ends. It's almost worse than crack, one hit and your addicted.:smokin:
he's right, next thing you know all your money is going towards your rig, your girlfriend will dump you because you spend to much time building your truck then wheeling, it's a terrible thing it is. But it's fun

enjoy

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I wouldnt worry if i was you.
85bronc and were offroading in out stockers. Minus tires, but 85's were pretty much bald in teh front. we got through some nice pits.

Just remember, mudding leads to lighter wallet, and heavier credit card bills.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Seemed ok to me:rockon

It was muddy and rainy all day and i only got stuck once when i had to turn around cus the trail got too narrow (had to backup off trail, into a spot between some trees downhill just big enough to fit...turned out the leaves were hiding some way soft mud etc)

I'm running BFG A/T 31x10.5's with no lift. I also replaced my auto locking hubs with warn premiums. I probably need to go repack everything in grease before i drive it again (got a car for the daily driver).

I still count mine as "stock". i've only put about $200 in upgrades (trans cooler/filter and the warn premiums)/

One other option i put on was the rubber boot cover for the distributor off the mustang/ mercury's. It keeps the water from spashing up ont the distributor etc. Now if i competly submerged it up to the distributor and let it sit, i'm sure the water would swamp it. Also i taped baggies over all my loose connectors that are on the fender (imagine a lolipop cover...). I should probably tape up the rest eventually....

OH yeah, ROLL YOUR WINDOWS UP!!!! :duh

hmm i should get a superford site for my wheelin pics....show everyone what a "stock" bronco will do

·
Registered
10 Posts
I usually do ok in the mud. After it rains, my buddies and i go to the beach and just drive through all the mud, we have had to pull out many people that didnt have 4 wheel drive. SO if you have 4 wheel drive im sure you will be ok.

That was a lot of mud too...I have the 32" BFG all-terrain tires, they were pretty much new when i went through, not sure if that helps you at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts