Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i took some pics of my engine today when i was seamfoaming her...

and i was just wondering if everything on it was stock

*i know the K&N cold air and the tube is aftermarket...but what about everything else?

* also, can some1 tell me what size alternator i have..i think its 95amps but am not sure

side view

front view

left side

cracked fan housing (i guess thats what you call it) i'm gonna get new fans anyways...so im not worried

everyone always gets a shot of the beer can in on there pics...but since i cant drink theres a pic of my vault (that stuff is pretty crazy, you get really hyper and then all the sudden you bottom out and are calm and sleeping and you start to slurr your words...you feel real calm and relaxed)

top view

alternator (it has the 4 holes on the side...so i think that means a 95 amp)

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Looks like everything is stock except those yellow wires and the green pop bottle. I'd get that fan shroud replaced asap before some fan blades go airborn and take out the radiator with them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
well, it looks like a stock 5.8 other than the K&N kit. i don't know the alt.
i would suggest u going to a junkyard or something and get a replacement for that broken fan shroud b4 the vibration loosen it to the point it hits the fan. keep that engine clean (^_^)

·
ladies enjoy his
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...went to a carwash and basically poured an entirer bottle of engine degreaser all over it...then just cleaned the rest with some towels and junk...doesnt look to bad

im pretty sure those yellow wires are to my driving lights attatched to the grill guard

and i checked the shroud..it may be about 1/8 away from the blad...not good

so im deffinatly going to a junkyard sometime this week to look for

1.seats
2. higher output alternator
3. new fan shoroud/new fan (bigger one...or a double one)

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
spaustin889 said:
1.seats
2. higher output alternator
3. new fan shoroud/new fan (bigger one...or a double one)
Double fans are usually electric, and i think in Taurus vehicles, there is a write up on it.

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
why replace it when you can tape it?
get some race-tape aka "100mph duct tape". its the tape nascar uses to hold down ripped body panels... that stuff is awsome...
just thought id share my new love for the stuff.
but id deffinatly fix that shroud... and the alt looks a bit different then stock- i think the stocks have the external fan??? IIRC
ace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts