Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a nice picture of how the stock exhaust is run on a 78-79 FSB? The truck we got had the most hackjob dual exhaust ever - including headers that hung down almost as far as the front axle. We ditched the headers for manifolds and we would like to run a stockish style exhaust - probably a single 3" from a y-pipe.
I know - just plumb it where it fits, but my Dad is anal with this truck and wants a place to start from, it is his truck.

I tried searching - but I couldn't find much of anything,

Thanks in advance,

KyleQ

·
is hazardous to others
1,656 Posts
i don't have a pic. but if i remember right... the drivers side pipe comes down from the manifold, under the motor, right in front of the trans, and connects to the passenger side pipe and run around the t-case on the passenger side... but i could be wrong its been years sence i saw the factory stuff...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just did a single exhaust last weekend, 2 1/2" from the manifolds back and exited the tail pipe in front of the pass. rear tire. I will get you a pic of what I got/did, hopefully tomorrow.
Cost of all the pipe, adapters, bends and a muffler (Thrush Turbo) was about $100.00 from O'Rielly's Auto Parts.

Kirk

·
Registered
73 Posts
i don't have a pic. but if i remember right... the drivers side pipe comes down from the manifold, under the motor, right in front of the trans, and connects to the passenger side pipe and run around the t-case on the passenger side... but i could be wrong its been years sence i saw the factory stuff...
You are correct sir.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the great replys - I'll relay the info tonight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Finally

Here's those pics I promised you, finally:

The poorman's homemade single exhaust:

the tail pipe:

the cross over:

the y-pipe:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - still running the stock manifolds too?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks - I really apreciate your pictures, that should help a bunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts