Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was wondering my 96 bronco has a k&n filter with the stock intake that comes out right under the hood this had been good so far i do alot of off roading and water crossing and the water seems to not get sucked into the moter the intake box yes but i wanted to upgrade the intake but no snokel dont want to cut into the body so has anyone ever used a cold air intake and still been able to mud and cross water iam open to all ideas

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now do u feel a difference in preformance at all or gas milage and i was also thinking of putting in a one wat vale in the old stock box to let it drain water it i dont use the cold air intake

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well iam also in the middle of buliding a custom exhaust myself that y i planned on the intake more air in more air out

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look man iam 17 sorry if my typing offends ya but you knew what it ment so you understood it but i guess you dont have anything else to do but iam looking for actual ideas hear so dont post stupid stuff like that it a bronco form not a english form but iam shure you could find one id try to google it if i was you

·
Too poor for FSM
1,395 Posts
look man iam 17 sorry if my typing offends ya but you knew what it ment so you understood it but i guess you dont have anything else to do but iam looking for actual ideas hear so dont post stupid stuff like that it a bronco form not a english form but iam shure you could find one id try to google it if i was you
Just FYI, people will be a lot more friendly, and willing to help you with your problems if you talk like a person. Throw in some periods and whatnot.

Your typing doesnt "offend" anyone, it just makes you sound stupid, and people dont want to help you if your stupid.

-Vance

·
Registered
158 Posts
Look I'm not trying to rag on you, but bad grammar is generally looked down upon in forums. I've seen people loose their memberships over it man.

Age is no excuse for stupidity.

By the way nice Bronco.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
For the op,

Yes you can build a shield to keep thing form around your filter area, but crossing water that comes up to the filter intake, the shield will not help you much.

If you value your engine,then the snorkel will be the best thing. But I know what you mean with cutting and making intrusion into the body.

And for the record, no I don't think your stupid.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
And for the record, no I don't think your stupid.
:haha Sorry, I couldn't resist. Your...you're...you are....

OP, these guys are right: the way your ideas are conveyed in your writing is how you are perceived by your audience. If I misspelled words, used poor grammar, and completely ignored punctuation marks, I should expect to be thought of as a toothless half-wit hillbilly. :toothless I know, you're 17 and probably don't care, but believe me when I say that one day, you will care very much how you are perceived, no matter how unfair it may seem. I'm not "talking down to you," I'm tryin' to help a brotha out.

These messages are the way the rest of the world sees you. If you want to convey intelligence, or at least comprehension, try a little harder to make more reader-friendly posts. We don't expect perfection, and being a grammar Nazi is only a pastime hobby of mine, but give us, the people trying to help you, a break.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
To the original poster, i cannot read your 100 word run-on sentence. :goodfinge

·
AKA: Butthead
2,858 Posts
LOL :)

"I don't care about any of you guys, I only care about myself"-SwampThing
Did I paraphrase that right, ST? ;)

Now act like a man, ST.
Admit fault and move on. :)

Butthead in AZ
ps- "I'm right and you're wrong and that's all there is to it! :/" -Dad
My dad was a momma's-boy, could never admit fault about anything, ever!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks florida bronco for the advise. iam goin to use the cold air. and for everyone with the punuation thing, sorry i didnt think it all would be nessesary cause its a form but will try and use more. but this iam getting more advice on spelling than anything else i get the point. but care we try and get back to the intake thing

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Not sure how far your from Kissimmee , but I remember seeing a 4wheel shop, that had some nice shields. They where on Jeeps with K&Ns, but the same concept could be adapted to a FSB. The shield or socks over K&Ns are great at keeping mud/sand from sticky to the filter, but provide zero protection against water.

If your part of Florida is like my part ( wet 8-10 months out 12 ), and you plan on doing any trails or serious offroading, I would do a snorkel in a heartbeat. My FSB is more of a weekend warrior hunting/camping truck, but I ride dry grounds or not so wet grounds and use caution when I cross any waters or looking for alternative crossings.

btw for a flame free zone, we should relabel this zone as; " Noobie bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!, but we will fan flames, if you come in with bad grammar " ;)

·
Registered
834 Posts
1: I agree with the grammer police.. Being seventeen is no excuse to type like a nine year old.

2: With that said... Go to the junkyard and grab a fender off of an F-150 or another Bronco for cutting up and snorkeling.
As others have mentioned, if you are going to be hitting some serious water, you WILL destroy your engine.

On a side note, deep water is gonna destroy your interior anyway so, why would you really care about cutting a fender?
How deep are you gonna go? I have been is water up to my headlights for well over a minute. As long as your air box is sealed and you go SLOW, you should not have a problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well the thing is my truck is in mint condition. so i dont want another color fender and iv had water above the hood a couple times. and the interior doesnt get wet i guess it like super good seals. the thing is i live in the swamp in the middle of nowhere and were i hunt u have to have a boat or a bronco. but do u think that if i put a one way valve do water drains out on the intake box and not come back in, will work .and like lets put the grammer thing behide!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I use a water resistant K&N Drycharger Filter Wrap. Not a snorkel, but works for my application. If you have water over your hood, this is probably not for you...

DryCharger® - K&N DryChargers® are manufactured from a durable polyester material and are pre-treated with a proprietary hydrophobic process designed to prevent splashes of water or mud from saturating your K&N air filter. The DryCharger will also stop small dirt particles; yet add little restriction to the airflow of the filter. Please be aware the DryCharger is water repellent, not water proof. Depending on conditions and usage the water repellent treatment is good for 1 to 2 years

1 - 20 of 30 Posts