Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug Does anybody know how to set the pre-set buttons on this radio? I think it is stock, it has AM FM and cassette. I have tried just about all the combinations I can think of. The clock and date are seperate. The only identification on it is Kenwood on the cassette door. When I get down my list of thing to upgrade this radio is out the window. I am sure someone has replaced this style of radio before. Is there still a radio that will fit in it square hole? or do you have to fill in the gaps and use a rectangle style of today? ;)

·
user title
2,211 Posts
You won't have any trouble if it's pre-87. I have a few of the wiring harnesses laying around NIB (I installed a lot in high school). Just let me know

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To All Thanks for the information, I am sure I tried that but I must have been too much of a hurry to here the beep. Mine is a 1980 and I will try it when it gets back together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Again I have tried just about any and all combinations of buttons but it will still not hold the radio station. I am still in the dark on this one.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Steve83 said:
Does it say "Ford" anywhere on the radio? If not, it's not "stock".
Zactly what I was gonna say...I've never heard of Kenwood making a stock radio for anyone...:shrug Also if it's Kenwood I doubt it has the "pull out, push in" buttons like Steve's talking about (which I know he knows...cause the key word he used was "stcok") but is it holding the station till you turn off your truck or are you lossing the station right away?? If it's when you turn off the truck then whoever installed it didn't give the "memory" wire a "live" connection, so every time you turn off your rig it loses power and resets it's self...:shrug

1 - 5 of 5 Posts