Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i seen an earlier 90's bronco with a bolt on roll cage for the back half (rear seat back) and it had a spot for fuel tank. I was told this came stock for police and foresty and off road models. wondering if anyone has seen this and mabey knew were u buy one

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Have to find who does the conversion in your state. Pretty sure a small shop upfits the equipment.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Have one in mine (ex sheriff) but if it had the gas can holder it was removed. Mine had expanded metal that seperated 2/3rds of the back seat behind the driver so they could get a bad guy in from the passenger side and contain him. I removed all that.

Don't think I have a good pic of it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this was in a foresry, and was just a roll cage and ig also had i buit in gun rack for a rifle and shotgun on the opisite site from the gas can. and any one know a good gun rack for the bronco

·
Cleaning the trails
931 Posts
Mine had a frame to hold a piece of netting to keep things in the back from flying forward. Not sturdy enough to call a roll cage or even hold a gas can. I still have it in the shed if you want a pic..

·
umm...idk
359 Posts
does anyone have pics of a cage like that? sounds like something i am wanting to do form my truck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Than must be different this was a roll cage it was pretty soild,but post that pic i want to see it

·
Registered
92 Posts
Going out on a limb but if I am correct a bolt in rear roll bar was a factory option in the 78-79 models (and perhaps into the early 80's). One of those should also bolt into your truck, or require mimimal modification.

If you ask around on the 78-79 forum you may get a lead and some verification on what will work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts