Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first things first i wrecked my beautiful 1980 bronco, so i am flipping depressed about that, 4000 to fix it most likely, but any way my friend has a 96 xlt with the 5.8, and every time we take it in any sort of mud we get completely stuck, it seems like it only transfers power to the only wheel that is not grounded why is this, does this mean the 4wd does not work.

i will take photos of before and after the collsion work is done, i must say though my bronco handled it incredibly well. i pretty much destroyed a dodge caravan. and my bronco still runs and drives i busted the radiator and bent the hood and some other stuff, might of bent the axle. any way thanks for anything about the 4wd or about how it will be ok that i wrecked my baby.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Open differentials...

Glad to hear your ok, sucks about the bronco though.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It's called an "open differential." And it is the way they behave naturally. If you want more, you need "limited slip" devices, or "lockers," or a "spool." Each of these quoted comments is a search term to use to learn more.

Good luck with the repair estimate. Mine was $6500 to repair, but I tried to take out a front end loader. He did not bend.

--MIKE--

1 - 3 of 3 Posts