Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone used the magnaflow 334307? Might pull the trigger on this carb compliant y-pipe, but the 2 reviews on Amazon say it needed modification to fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Currently running the Magnaflow 34307. It doesn't fit perfectly but I made it work without any big hassle.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im currently running a magnaflow y pipe on my 94 5.0 and it required a little persuasion to make it fit but nothing major and it looks great intalled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you detail the type of persuasion it took to get the magna flow to fit? Everyone says it needs adjustment, but no one details what type of adjustment it needs.

Got it in the garage going on this weekend.

·
Registered
80 Posts
One of the collectors where it bolts to the manifold on the drivers side wasent bent just perfect it need to be bent a little further out. I jus got one side loosley bolted up and pried the other pipe over with a pry bar and it fell in to place. But that was just my issue dont know if you will have the same one i also heated upbthe pipe where the bend goes to the collector to let it flew a little better.

·
Banned
7,158 Posts
Be careful bending a Y-pipe on the truck. Old manifolds are notoriously brittle, and all the force you apply to one side of the Y is applied to the other manifold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a buddy helping with my install. We just pulled on either end a little until they fit. Once it was close enough tightening the bolts did the rest of the work. Steve83 is right, be careful torquing on old exhaust manifolds, chances are they are already cracked.

Its not that difficult and you have to expect a little bit of work when buying mass produced aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally did this a few weekends back.

There was no way the magnaflow was gonna line up with my bassani headers. Took the bassanis off and put the stock monifolds back on. Left the drivers side manifold loose on the studs and tightened the ypipe to the manifolds. Tightened down the manifolds and all is good, no leaks!

Boo to having to put my bassani setup on the shelf though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts