Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bronco is going in the garage for the winter, and won't be driving much at all. I'm planning on doing some work on it to fix a few things, but for the most part it likely won't be leaving the garage again until at least March or so.

I've parked it with a full tank of gas, but should I be putting in any sort of fuel stabilizers or anything else since it won't be moving for a few months? Anything in particular I should be doing storage-wise to anything else?

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
1) Sta-bil for the gas. I like to put it in before fill-up so it mixes. Since you can't, drive it around so it sloshes, and runs through the entire fuel system.
2) I'd pull the tires and wheels and put it up on jacks to keep from flat spotting the tires.
3) Trickle charger (battery minder) for the battery. You could disconnect it but then the PCM will lose it's current settings.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd add some fuel stabilizer like mentioned above. Pulling the tires is not really necessary for that short of a period of time, just make sure they are up to proper pressure. If you have any issues with mice its a good idea to throw some dryer sheets in the interior and leave the hood open (make sure you disable the under hood light). Finally, a battery tender would help keep the battery fresh and actually extend the life of the battery by not allowing it to drain.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Full tank of non ethanol gas , that's what I do to the boat and never have issues , fog it if you want to go overkill , takes a few seconds and can't hurt

Also make sure coolant is up to par of course

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Its thread revival time.

I just found out I'll be deployed next month for 4 months. My own situation is a little bit different form the PO's. My Bronco will be stored outside. It will be stored at an on base parking lot that by silent agreement, has become the lot for "storing" vehicles of deployed members, so security isn't an issue. I also plan on using stabil in the gas and fuel system and leaving it with a full tank. Battery tender isn't really an option, so would it be better to disconnect the battery? I do plan on leaving the keys with a buddy I trust and he'll be turning the engine over and letting it run for a few minutes every weekend to keep the fluids cycled. I also just changed the oil so it has fresh oil.

Anything else I need to do that I haven't considered?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Its thread revival time.

I just found out I'll be deployed next month for 4 months. My own situation is a little bit different form the PO's. My Bronco will be stored outside. It will be stored at an on base parking lot that by silent agreement, has become the lot for "storing" vehicles of deployed members, so security isn't an issue. I also plan on using stabil in the gas and fuel system and leaving it with a full tank. Battery tender isn't really an option, so would it be better to disconnect the battery? I do plan on leaving the keys with a buddy I trust and he'll be turning the engine over and letting it run for a few minutes every weekend to keep the fluids cycled. I also just changed the oil so it has fresh oil.

Anything else I need to do that I haven't considered?
Throw one of those windshield visors up. If it were me, I'd just disconnect the battery since the radio station presets aren't really necessary to just turn it over and run it. Maybe write down your radio settings beforehand?

I think you've got your bases covered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts