Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out driving over the weekend. While on cruise control, the a/c stopped blowing out of the vents. I hit the brakes to check to see if it was frozen up and it started working again. This happened every time I used the cruise control. Sometimes it happened right after setting the control, sometimes it took longer. The wiring for each the blower, brakes and cruise control do not seem to be close together so I am stumped.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
did the blower stop or did the air come from somewhere else?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blower appeared to have stopped. There was no air coming out of the vents or the defrost or heating vents either.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,593 Posts
Check your ground wires, and connection at the blower. Put a test light on the blower plug run it inside so you can see it and turn on the cruise control to see if your loosing power at the plug, if not likely a ground issue?!?

·
Registered
451 Posts
As much as I hate to jump back on what appears to be ruled out, I would have to say this sounds like it is losing vacuum and the climate control is defaulting to the defrost vents as the system is designed to blow through those vents in the event of none or less than ideal vacuum pressure. Try replacing the check valve to the climate controls under the hood, and it might even be worth looking into replacing your vacuum lines regardless if you still have the plastic lines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no air blowing out of either the defrost vents or the heater vents. I was running it on max and high. It would be noticeable coming out of either. I also cannot fathom the light touch on the brakes to cause a ground to allow it to blow again.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
357 Posts
Mine had the same symptoms, while the vent is transitioning, I also had no flow from any of the vents, also my dash pad made it more of a PITA to verify. My check valve was intermittently sticking. You should check your vacuum lines for leaks, a tester kit is pretty cheap, and it's very easy work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is an update. I drove it yesterday and the problem occurred within 5 miles. It is neither the cruise control nor the brakes. A slight touch of the accelerator is enough to resume the air blowing. I am going to try running a ground wire to the blower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts