Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lets first start this out by saying that i know what im doing with motors but i am COMPLETELY broke and trying to fix this thing with the things i have in the garage. im replacing the head on the passenger side of the motor. i thought that the E7TE heads i have laying around were the same thats on the motor right now, but upon taking the heads off her, i found out that the casting was D8OE. i only have one head gasket laying around. so the question is, can i run the different heads without messing anything up? i know im probably going to get flamed for this but desperate times get your mind thinking different

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's possible to run different heads but you'll probably never get it to tune and run properly. If the flow characteristics are close enough than you have a chance.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,061 Posts
You need the same heads on both sides. Without them being the same, you might have one side stronger than the other, and in turn, the motor might end up shaking itself to death.

If you have an 86 motor, the E7 heads are much better than the E6 heads (86) that came factory.

You don't want one side being an E6 and one side being E7. But, I'm reading that they are D8OE, so somebody has either swapped the motor, or swapped the heads before..

I had a link that I saved that gave the cc's but for the past few days, that link's server must be down. I'll post the link anyways, hopefully it'll work soon.

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=34463

1 - 3 of 3 Posts