Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I encountered a strange problem the other day, my truck has no low end power and if trying to accelerate under normal load, it starts shuddering violently. If I put my foot down or even go past 1/2 throttle at 50 mph the hesitation feels like I am driving on a washboard. The truck idles fine and if revved slowly, is fine. Upon startup, it backfires and just barely started, clattering and knocking. The problem has subsided for now but the check engine light is still on. For what it's worth, the problem was persisting, and going down the highway, the check engine light blinked on and off a few times then stayed on after that. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
yo M,
WELCOME!

Get it scanned for Free @ local Parts store; post Codes found here.
the Check Engine Light (CEL) comes on when the electronic engine control system is not working properly. The check engine warning indicator comes on briefly when the ignition switch lock cylinder is turned to ON, and should turn off when the engine starts. If the check engine warning indicator does not come on when the ignition switch lock cylinder is turned to ON or if it comes on while the vehicle is moving, the system is malfunctioning

Transmission Control Indicator Light (TCIL) Operation; (@ end of shifter stalk)
The transmission control switch is a momentary contact switch. When the switch is pressed, a signal is sent to the powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650). The powertrain control module then energizes the transmission control indicator lamp and the coast clutch solenoid, applying the coast clutch to provide engine braking and cancels fourth gear operation. The TCIL indicates overdrive cancel mode activated (lamp on), electronic pressure control circuit shorted or monitored sensor failure (lamp flashing).
A transmission control switch and an indicator labeled OVERDRIVE is located on the end of the gearshaft lever. Press this switch and the word OFF will illuminate on the shift lever knob. With the word OFF illuminated, the transmission will operate in gears one through three. Operating in overdrive OFF gives more engine braking than overdrive and is useful for descending hills.

To return the transmission to the normal overdrive operation, press the transmission control switch again. The switch may be used to select overdrive or overdrive OFF at any time the vehicle is being driven.

If the transmission control indicator light is flashing on and off repeatedly, the transmission system is malfunctioning. The transmission will operate in a failure management mode with harsh engagements, firm shift feel, and abnormal shift schedule.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sounds like it is running extremely lean. I'd start by checking the fuel pressure. Changed the fuel filter lately?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help! I know it's not the trans, it's a manual, I forgot to mention that. I changed the fuel filter about 2000 miles ago. The truck is running fine now but the check engine light is still on. If it's running fine will the light just shut itself off? When it had the problem, it was like it was missing but was more violent, especially at low speeds.

·
Registered
141 Posts
After a certain number (can't remember how many) of ignition cycles without the problem the code will clear.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks, I'll keep driving it and hopefully it will go away.

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
yo,
When you drive, stop by a Parts Store and ask for a free code scan. Since it is stuttering, why hope it will go away?

this is from the 96 Owner's Guide;
Drive Cycle; "...The engine must be warmed up and at operating temperature before proceeding with the drive modes of the following OBD II Drive Cycle. 1. Start the engine. Drive or idle (in neutral) the vehicle for 4 minutes. 2. Idle the vehicle in drive (neutral for manual transmission) for 40 seconds. 3. Accelerate the vehicle to 45 mph (72 km/h) at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for 10 seconds. 4. Drive the vehicle with a steady throttle at 45 mph (72 km/h) for 30 seconds. 5. Idle the vehicle in drive (neutral for manual transmissions) for 40 seconds. 6. Continue to drive the vehicle in city traffic at speeds between 25 and 40 mph (40-64 km/h) for 15 minutes. During the 15 minute drive cycle the following modes must be achieved: a. at least 5 stop and idle modes at 10 seconds each b. acceleration from idles at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle position, and c. choose 3 different speeds to do 1.5 minute steady state throttle drives. 343 7. Accelerate the vehicle up to between 45 and 60 mph (72-97 km/h). This should take approximately 5 minutes. 8. Drive vehicle and hold the throttle steady at the selected speed between 45 and 60 mph (72-97 km/h) for approximately 5 minutes. 9. Drive the vehicle for 5 minutes at varying speeds between 45 and 60 mph (72-97 km/h). 10. Bring the vehicle back to idle. Idle in drive for 40 seconds. 11. OBD II drive cycle has been completed. Vehicle can be turned off when convenient..."
Source: by Ford via miesk5

Also Check fuse 16 for the cigarette lighter. It is shared with the OBDII TEST connector power and is commonly blown, thus the Code Reader won't power up at the store; our 96's lighter wiring shorted out @ ashtray support.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing is the stuttering did stop, I drove it this morning and it was fine, just the CEL was still on and I was hoping it will go away. I have a code reader but it didn't power on when I plugged in, I'll have to check the fuse as suggested, I didn't know it and the OBDII TEST connector shared the same fuse.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so I replaced the fuse on for the cig lighter/OBDII test and when I tried the lighter there was smoke and sparks, blew the fuse. When I pulled out the lighter unit, the 2 words going to it were bare for about 1/2" and were arcing. Glad I found that! No big deal, I cut and soldered the wire and put heat shrink tubing on the exposed areas. Now everything works, and the code reader turns on when plugged in. I was getting code p0300 which is random misfire but that's all that particular code tells me. Since the truck is running fine, I cleared it and all is well. Thanks for all your help!
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/Mountaindewd88/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsea159875.jpg

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
yo M,
Great! That is same wire(s) that shorted on our 96!
Mind if I reference your pic for others when I post this short again?

P0300 diagnostic code indicates a random or multiple misfire. If the last digit is a number other than zero, it corresponds to the cylinder number that is misfiring. A P0302 code, for example, would tell you cylinder number two is misfiring. Unfortunately, a P0300 doesn't tell you specifically which cylinder(s) is/are mis-firing, nor why.

Symptoms may include:
the engine may be harder to start
the engine may stumble / stumble, and/or hesitate
other symptoms may also be present

Causes; A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty spark plugs or wires check each wire for connection integrity first. Ensure that routing is ok;
Look at that VECI Label on top of radiator; look at the spark plug wire routing diagram carefully.
Spark Plug Wire Routing & Firing Order TSB 94-04-10 for 87-93 5.0 & 94-96 5.0 & all 5.8 - engine miss, spark knock, buck/jerk, surge and other driveability concerns
Source: by Ford via Steve83
Test coil before pulling plugs to inspect again and re-gapping to save your time & $ \
Re-gap Plugs
Faulty coil
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector(s)
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
Faulty camshaft position sensor
Defective Powertrain Control Module (PCM) (aka Electronic Engine Control (EEC), computer) - check for capacitor leaks, see how to remove PCM & check by JOWENS1126 @ http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294553&page=2 )

If there are no symptoms, the simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. AS you Did!

If there are symptoms such as the engine is stumbling or hesitating, check all wiring and connectors that lead to the cylinders (i.e. spark plugs). Depending on how long the ignition components have been in the car, it may be a good idea to replace them as part of your regular maintenance schedule. I would suggest spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor (if applicable). Otherwise, check the coils (a.k.a. coil packs). In some cases, the catalytic converter has gone bad. If you smell rotten eggs in the exhaust, your cat converter needs to be replaced. I've also heard in other cases the problems were faulty fuel injectors.

Random misfires that jump around from one cylinder to another (read: P030x codes) also will set a P0300 code. The underlying cause is often a lean fuel condition, which may be due to a vacuum leak in the intake manifold or unmetered air getting past the airflow sensor, or an EGR valve that is stuck open

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Miesk5, you are more than welcome to use that picture for reference ;)
Makes you wonder if it's a design flaw that those wires short like that. Strange thing is that that ashtray/cig lighter has been wedged shut for at least 10 years so I don't really get how they could wear thru the insulation like that and so uniformly. The problem occurred shortly after taking the truck to a carwash, maybe there was some moisture intrusion of some sort. Not sure but the truck runs great and the light hasn't come back on so I think were in the clear:rockon

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
yo M,
It was a flaw, as in other years;

Common Locations for Short Circuits TSB 95-02-11 on 94-95 Bronco & Trucks; Source: by Ford WIRING - SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE LOCATIONS OF SHORTS
TSBID: 41117 Mfg Num: 95-2-11
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=41117
--------

also see TSB 95-5-21 for 92-95 Bronco & F Series
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=41290
Fuse "E" Inoperative could exhibit any one of the following conditions: ABS Light On, Back-Up Lamps Inoperative, DRLs Inoperative, MIL On, Speedometer Inoperative, DTC 172, 173 or 41 for HO2S Failure in TSB 95-5-21 for 92-95 Bronco & F Series; On some vehicles the HO2S wires in the 12A690 (subassembly of the 14B060 battery cable) harness may become chafed. READ MORE
Source: by Ford
ISSUE: On some vehicles the HO2S wires in the 12A690 (subassembly of the 14B060 battery cable) harness may become chafed and the vehicle could exhibit any one of the following conditions:
ABS light on
Speedometer inoperative
Back-up lamps inoperative
Daytime running lamps inoperative
Trailer battery charge relay inoperative
MIL on, displaying Codes: 172, 173 or 41 for HO2S failure
Inadvertent PCM Self-Test

ACTION: Replace the damaged wire harness and HO2S sensor. Refer to the following procedure for service details.

SERVICE PROCEDURE:
1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect the solenoid terminal and positive battery cable from the starter.
3. Pull the cable downward to inspect the 12A690 harness for chafing, pinholes, etc. If necessary, remove the convolute and tape from the 12A690 harness located next to the lower RH side engine mount.
4. If the 12A690 harness is damaged, replace the 14B060 assembly (F5TZ-14300-EA) and the HO2S sensor (F4UZ-9F472-A).
5. Inspect Fuse "E" and replace if necessary (D9ZZ-14526-D).
6. Clear all codes stored in memory.
7. Retest and verify the concern has been resolved.

PART NUMBER - PART NAME
D9ZZ-14526-D Fuse - 15 Amp
F5TZ-14300-EA Harness Assembly
F4UZ-9F472-A HO2S Sensor

OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage
OPERATION - DESCRIPTION - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - TIME
950521A - - - - - Replace Harness Assembly, HO2S Sensor And Fuse "E" (If Overloaded) - 0.7 Hr.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Miesk5, thanks for the links and info, those will really come in handy. Your help has saved me a lot of money, I was gonna take the truck to the mechanic yesterday, many thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how long after the last fill up did the issue start? There is a chance you got some bad gas. The only other thing I can think of that would cause a random missfire and then go away it if a chunk of carbon came loose and stuck a valve, then passed through the valve.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike, I was on about a half a tank of gas when the problem occurred. The problem went away on the same tank of gas, for what it's worth. Would carbon breaking loose still let it idle freely and run smooth when up to speed? It may have been bad gas because the problem would fluctuate from being really bad to barely noticeable- that's a good thought.

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
yo Mountain,
All items listed in post #11
As for the EGR and Carbon, YES!! But I would like to see an EGR related Code, such as shown below this overview;
this again is by Ford for 96; "The Delta Pressure Feedback EGR system is a closed loop EGR control system that uses Delta Pressure Feedback EGR sensor (DPFE) to measure EGR flow across an orifice in the EGR tube. When the EGR valve is open, a pressure differential is created across the orifice and measured by the DPFE sensor. This DPFE measurement is used to control the EGR vacuum regulator (EVR), which provides vacuum to open and modulate the EGR valve itself.
The Delta Pressure Feedback EGR Monitor is a series of electrical tests and functional tests that monitor various aspects of EGR system operation. First, the Delta Pressure Feedback EGR (DPFE) sensor input circuit is checked for out of range values (P1400
P1401). The Electronic Vacuum Regulator (EVR) output circuit is checked for opens and shorts (P1409).
Note: EGR normally has large amounts of water vapor that are the result of the engine combustion process. During cold ambient temperatures, under some circumstances, water vapor can freeze in the DPFE sensor, hoses, as well as other components in the EGR system. In order to prevent MIL illumination for temporary freezing, the following logic is used:
If an EGR system malfunction is detected above 32 oF, the EGR system and the EGR monitor is disabled for the current driving cycle. A DTC is stored and the MIL is illuminated if the malfunction has been detected on two consecutive driving cycles.
If an EGR system malfunction is detected below 32 oF, only the EGR system is disabled for the current driving cycle. A DTC is not stored and the I/M readiness status for the EGR monitor will not change. The EGR monitor, however, will continue to operate. If the EGR monitor determined that the malfunction is no longer present (i.e., the ice melts), the EGR system will be enabled and normal system operation will be restored.

Finally, the differential pressure indicated by the DPFE sensor is also checked at idle with zero requested EGR flow to perform the high flow check. If the differential pressure exceeds a calibratable limit, it indicates a stuck open EGR valve or debris temporarily lodged under the EGR valve seat (P0402).EGR Stuck
EGR Stuck open Check Operation:
DTC P0402
Monitor execution once per driving cycle
Monitor Sequence Done after P1400 and P1401 tests
Sensors OK CPS, ECT, IAT, MAF, TP
Monitoring Duration 10 seconds to register a malfunction

DTC P0401 EGR Flow Insufficient Detected Possible Causes; "...DTC P0401 is for exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) insufficient flow detected. This most likely means one or more of the following has happened: The EGR valve may not be opening due to a lack of vacuum; There is a blockage in the EGR (most likely carbon buildup); The DPFE sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced; The EGR valve is faulty. In fixing this code, it is quite common for people to just replace the EGR valve only to have the OBD code return. However, just like many other DTCs, the problem is not always obvious and the EGR valve is not always the culprit..." READ MUCH MORE
Source: by Gateway Clean Air Program dnr.mo.gov

DTC P0402 - EGR Flow Excessive Detected. "...The EGR system is monitored for undesired EGR flow during idle. The EGR monitor looks at the DPF EGR signal at idle and compares it to the stored signal measured during key ON and engine OFF. The test fails when the signal at idle is greater than at key ON engine OFF by a calibrated amount. EGR valve stuck open..." READ MORE
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

DTC P1150 Lack of HO2S-21 Switch, Same as DTC P1130, but opposite See Possible Causes for DTC P1130; Possible Causes; Common is a bad O2 Sensor; •Short to VPWR or VREF in harness or HO2S •HO2S circuit shorted to Ground •Water in harness connector •Open circuit •Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring •Damaged HO2S •Damaged PCM (other DTCs should be present); Fuel System: •Excessive fuel pressure (stuck fuel pressure regulator, restricted fuel return lines, etc.) •Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors or fuel pressure regulator •Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel (fuel pump concern, fuel supply line restrictions, low fuel level, etc.) •Vapor recovery system (stuck VMV, etc.); Induction System: •MAF contamination •Air leaks between MAF and throttle plate •PCV system; Other vacuum leaks •Improperly seated engine oil dipstick; EGR System; •Leaking gasket •Stuck EGR valve / Leaking diaphragm or EVR; Base Engine: •Oil overfill •Incorrect cylinder compression •Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S •Secondary air stuck on. Read More
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

DTC P1405 DPF-EGR Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged; "...These codes are set by the engine computer detecting a vacuum leak or vacuum hose being plugged on the Differential Pressure Flow Exhaust Gas Recirculation (DPF-EGR) sensor. The upstream and downstream hoses are located on the intake manifold. Use a vacuum pump to test the line for a blockage or leak..."
Source: by tradervar.com

DTC P1406 DPF-EGR Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged; "...These codes are set by the engine computer detecting a vacuum leak or vacuum hose being plugged on the Differential Pressure Flow Exhaust Gas Recirculation (DPF-EGR) sensor. The upstream and downstream hoses are located on the intake manifold. Use a vacuum pump to test the line for a blockage or leak..."
Source: by tradervar.com

DTC P0171 - System to Lean (Bank 1); "... The Adaptive Fuel Strategy continuously monitors fuel delivery hardware. The test fails when the adaptive fuel tables reach a rich calibrated limit. For lean and rich DTCs: Fuel system Excessive fuel pressure. Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors. Leaking fuel pressure regulator. Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel. Vapor recovery system. Induction system: Air leaks after the MAF. Vacuum Leaks. PCV system. Improperly seated engine oil dipstick. EGR system: Leaking gasket. Stuck EGR valve. Leaking diaphragm or EVR. Base Engine: Oil overfill. Cam timing. Cylinder compression. Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2Ss ..."

Also, by Ford (who changes description of CEL here to MIL just to confuse us... again...)
MIL Control Same as OBD-II, it takes 2 driving cycles to illuminate the MIL.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Miesk5, you for all that, your posts have been a goldmine!:thumbup So considering I didn't pull any p140x codes I can dismiss crediting the problem to any EGR problems?

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
yo MD,
YW!
Yes, until you see an EGR related Code; wait for next CEL occurrence.

You can try some Wiggle Tests that are test function that records and stores a DTC while the technician is moving and flexing wires and connectors, and tapping components that may be the cause of a malfunction.
as described by Ford:
Key On Engine Off Wiggle Test Procedure
1.Hook up a Scan Tool Such as Actron (SPX) CP9580A Scan Tool; "Functions and Selections; Diagnostic and tool functions performed by the Scan Tool are highlighted in
bold. Example: The View Data function allows you to view the vehicle’s parameter identification (PID) data in real time."...The Recording function is used to play back a recording.... Appendix A – PID Definitions; NOTE: The Tool only displays the PIDs the vehicle supports. SAMPLE; EGR ERR Exhaust Gas - Recirculation Error - SECOND AIR - Secondary Air Pump Status.... etc. ✓
This function is very similar to View Data. The only difference is that View Data is real time viewing of PIDs, while Recording is a viewing of previously recorded PIDs.
2.Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
3 For Scan Tool, enter DTM, then enter wiggle DTM if available.
4.Tap, move, and wiggle the suspect sensor and/or harness, wire, etc.. When a fault is detected, a Continuous Memory DTC will be stored in memory and indicated as follows:
•Transmission Control Indicator Lamp (TCIL)
•Scan Tool: Continuous Tone (read scan tool manual and see if it gives this beep; if not, CEL may come on when harness, connector, wire, or ground/or battery post/connector connection is "wiggled"

Engine Running Wiggle Test Procedure (this is for a Scan Tool that will show On-board diagnostics Parameter IDs (PIDs)
Special Note:
•The Engine Running Wiggle Test may be activated any time the engine is running.
1.Hook up a Scan Tool.
2.Key off.
3.Start the engine.
4 For Scan Tool, enter DTM, then enter wiggle DTM.
5.Tap, move, and wiggle the suspect sensor and/or harness or drive the vehicle. When a fault is detected, a Continuous Memory DTC will be stored in memory and indicated as follows:
•Transmission Control Indicator Lamp (TCIL)
Scan Tool: Continuous Tone (read scan tool manual and see if it gives this beep; if not, CEL may come on when harness, connector, wire, or ground/or battery post/connector connection is "wiggled"

Here is a typical test;
Wiggle Testing the IAT Sensor's Wiring GENERAL and Not for our 96 Bronco;
"
you have confirmed, via your scan tool, that a diagnostic trouble code P0113 (IAT Sensor Circuit High Voltage) registered in the PCM's memory. "...You have also confirmed, via your scan tool's Live Data mode, that your vehicle's PCM is reading an intake air temperature (IAT) of -30 to -40 °F.

In this test step, you're gonna' wiggle the IAT sensor connector's 2 wires, while you observe your scan tool to see if this has an effect on your IAT sensor temperature reading.
What's the purpose of this wiggle test? It's to see if wiggling the IAT sensor's wires causes the temperature reading of -30 °F to go back to reading a normal temperature.
OK, this is what you need to do:
Connect your scan tool and get to its Live Data mode.
Scroll down to the PID for the IAT sensor.
•-30 to -40 °F temperature reading should still be present.
Now, have a helper (or yourself) gently wiggle the IAT sensor connector's 2 wires as you keep your eyeballs on the IAT sensor PID on your scan tool.
If the IAT sensor connector is BAD, you'll see the IAT sensor reading go from -30 to -40 °F to a normal temperature.
•By a normal temperature I mean something that resembles the temperature of the outside air of the area you're in.
Let's interpret your test results:
CASE 1: Wiggling the IAT sensor connector's wires caused the temperature to change- This test result tells you that there's a problem with the connector or a problem in one of the 2 wires that attach to it.
You need to carefully inspect the connector and the 2 wires and replace and/or repair what is damaged or shorted.
To give you some more specifics: Gently wiggling the IAT sensor connector's 2 wires should have no effect on the IAT sensor reading displayed on the scan tool... unless the connector is BAD or one of the wires has an ‘open’. Since wiggling the connector did have an effect, you now know that replacing the IAT sensor connector or repairing the problem in the wires will solve the IAT sensor and P0113 Code problem.

CASE 2: Wiggling the IAT sensor connector's wires DID NOT cause the temperature to change- This tells you that the IAT sensor connector and its wires are OK.
In most cases, this test result also tells you that the IAT sensor is the one that's malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. Before you do, I suggest one more test...
... And this is to test to make sure that the PCM is not fried. This is a very simple test and it requires that you jumper the IAT sensor circuits A and B together (using a jumper wire) and then checking, with your scan tool in Live Data mode, that the intake air temperature (IAT) sensor's PID is now reading 300 °F.
For this test, go to TEST 3: Jumpering the IAT Sensor Circuit..."

Next is to buy a 96 Bronco Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis Shop Manual Set
Price: $80.00 In Stock Pkg Qty: 1 (English, Paper, FCS1210696) Click here for detail by Ford via its Official Publisher HELM.
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product...m=result&Style=helm&Sku=FCS1210696&itemtype=K
Information contained within this official Ford Motor Company reference manual provides the user a step-by-step approach for diagnosing drivability, emission and power train control system symptoms. This manual should be used in conjunction with the Shop Manual and Wiring Diagram.

also avail on e bay etc; I had a CD copy, but it does Not run on WIN 8 or 8.1
Paper versions on e bay/Craigs, etc. are iffy because friend's purchase had Many missing pages. I think print version has ~ 1,000 pages and includes;

Covers All Cars And Trucks Pc/Ed = Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis
Your purchase consists of, and included in the above price.
(1) FCS12106IA96 - 1996 On Board Diagnosis I Shop Manual Loose-Leaf
(2) FCS12106IIA96 - 1996 On Board Diagnosis II Shop Manual Loose-Leaf
(3) FCS121061C96 - 1996 Villager Emission Diagnostics Service Manual
(4) FCS1210611B96 - 1996 Assoc Vehicle Text On Board Diagnosis II
(5) FCS12106IIT96 - 1996 On Board Diagnosis II Shop Manual Tabs
(6) FCS12106I96 - 1996 On Board Diagnosis I Shop Manual Binder
(7) FCS12106 - Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis Car And Truck Binder
Buy Online or Call (800) 782-4356
© 2014 Helm Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.

see other 96 Products; http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result....96&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info, I did sort of a wiggle test, not really as described, but I did check the connections of the ignition and some other stuff. I'm going on 3 days since canceling the CEL and it jasnt come on and the truck is running perfect. If the problem returns, I'll definately refer back to this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts