Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I just did this on mine. The bolt wont just pull out but the little plastic washer things just spun off so i could get the bolt out. If it is rusted in or something you may need to replace the whole thing. I think they are only a couple bucks at schucks.

·
Super Moderator
25,754 Posts
yo,
Use a penetr fluid such as PB Blaster Kroil, etc.
As Steve83 writes; The '89-96 Door bolt shown has a replacement bushing. The bolt is designed to be unscrewed from the safety loop or washer, but after being tightened, the hole sometimes shrinks, preventing this.

&
Watch out for the Dorman HELP brand stuff now....the driver/passenger door striker kit w/ bushings, 38445 are not fffin good..bushing diameter is way off and striker frame is off as well....it will bolt-in, but aligning it for a no-rattle fit is efffin a waste of time and possible damage to passenger or driver. the Dorman HELP tail gate striker bushings pn 38424 are a good fit & the door bushings driver/passenger bushings are incl. in this kit & fit better than the 38445 part!
Source: by miesk5

There is a "captive nut plate" inside the B Pillar; so when unscrewing the bolt w/ a Torx T-50 bit that capt. nut plate won't fall to da pillar bottom
I use painter's tape to outline the top and bottom edge of the striker bolt assy before removing so it will line-up almost perfectly

also;
Door & Striker Alignment
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87752

1 - 3 of 3 Posts