Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering seems weak when I'm on the trail. I know this is to be expected with 44s, but can I upgrade it? It might just be that the PS pump is worn out. Can that happen and it still seem ok on the street?

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
You sure can. Its harder to steer anyway in 4x, and add some rocks pushing back, and the steering will be alot weaker. You could go to a hydro assist setup like the one offered at West Texas Offroad.

If you think its just the pump, you could get a rebuilt unit, or saginaw conversion.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
you might add your specs to your signature so we can help you a little more. i would try a saginaw pupmp first

·
Welcome to the jungle
678 Posts
Well, I suppose 44" tires are going to be hard to turn. What axles are you running? While I still have a OEM PS pump, I have been very pleased with WTO's Redneck Ram. When supplied with proper fluid pressure, I can turn the wheel ( I have a ghetto 11.75") with one hand, easily.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My specs were there before new site, oh well, I put them back. The ram is out of budget for now. Has anyone done the saginaw conversion? What parts do I need and how much fabrication is required?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts