Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry i am a newb. I have a 95 bronco with a 3" body lift and 35 inch MTR's i want to drop out the body lift and put in a 6" suspension lift, i have read most of the lift threads and have a good idea at what i want, but i would like to know what is the strongest system, or what is the best mixture of lifts that will give me good flex, good tire wear and is strong.
Thank you,

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
broncos&bombs said:
use the search function!
It appears he did, search nazi:goodfinge
mustangfreak said:
...i have read most of the lift threads and have a good idea at what i want, but i would like to know what is the strongest system, or what is the best mixture of lifts that will give me good flex, good tire wear and is strong.
It's not recommended to do a combination of parts from different manufacturers like I did. Different kits will have slightly different measurements to things and putting them together sometimes does not work. You will find the vast majority of people on FSB will recommend a BDS kit, and I will too. If I did it all over again (and didn't do a solid axle swap) I'd get the complete BDS kit with extended radius arms and full springs in the rear, not blocks.

And by the way, go to the intro section and introduce yourself to eveyone when you get the chance.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
Everyone runs something different, start looking through the member's garage area and you'll see Skyjacker, Pro-Comp, BDS, and a lot of others.

BDS has a damn good parts replacement warranty, but anytime they warrant a breaking part that well, it makes me wonder how easy the parts are to break.

In the end i think it's personal preference.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I pieced my kit together from about 5 different vendors with no problems.

No one can argue that the Skyjacker Class II I beam drops aren't the most superior drops out there for the I-Beams. Everything else, I really didn't mind who's name is on it- extended radius arms, pitman arm, stabilizer drops, etc., but those brackets... wow. They do so good at distributing the load across the bracket and you know the truck will break before they do.

So, my recommend- Skyjacker Class II I-beam drops (you can buy them separately from the system), everything else is up to you. My system had 0 problems. I am really happy with the ride on the Tuff Country springs too.

My setup- Skyjacker Class II drops, procomp radius arms, superlift swaybar drops, skyjacker pitman, procomp add-a-leafs, Tuff Country springs.

See the bracket comparison for yourself; The older brackets are very similar to Procomp, Rough Country, BDS, Superlift, etc. The new brackets are Skyjacker.

Driver I-BEAM DROP Compare

Passenger I-beam drop compare

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
For a 6 inch kit, Skyjacker or BDS is the only way to go.

·
Registered
82 Posts
fabtech makes some great lifts as well, but its gonna cost ya!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts