Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Little issue with my key tumblr/lock cylinder install. Basically when I put it into the lock position I can still shift but when I turn one turn past the lock position is when it really is locked. Wondering if autozone gave me the wrong lock cylinder or if I installed the bracket wrong somehow? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I fought with this very same thing when I was rebuilding my '91 steering column. I took a few pictures of it and there is one that shows the correct position of the lock cylinder gear when everything works correctly. This is the position that this gear needs to be in when you insert the lock cylinder. This is behind the steel washer held in with the snap ring in your video.
Circle Steel Stairs Circle Steel

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fought with this very same thing when I was rebuilding my '91 steering column. I took a few pictures of it and there is one that shows the correct position of the lock cylinder gear when everything works correctly. This is the position that this gear needs to be in when you insert the lock cylinder. This is behind the steel washer held in with the snap ring in your video.
View attachment 171329 View attachment 171330
thank u so much 🙌🏻 I was finally able to get it installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts