Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I was 16, my buddy and I had a ridiculously bad stuck.

We lived in Vegas, and decided to take a trip to Mesquite, which is a couple hours away. We had some fun there, but wanted to go offroading. In his 2wd Mazda pickup with an open diff. So we found a trail that went to the backside of Lake Mead.

The trail wasn't too bad at first, but eventually got pretty gravelly. We were running very low on gas, but stupidly pressed on. Eventually, we made it to a very beautiful hidden cove. We hung out for about an hour, and thought we were pretty hot shit.

On the way back, things got bad. We got the truck stuck in a big gravel pit. Naturally, this was during the middle of the day in the middle of summer. Temperatures were well over 100. And, being dumbass kids, we had no water, no tools, and no recovery equipment in the car.

My buddy and I spent at least an hour trying to dig the truck out with our hands and the only tool we had - a hammer. Needless to say, that didn't work. We were sweating our asses off, and beginning to panic. We were at least 20 miles from town.

For a little while, I tried using the hammer against the pickup truck in an SOS signal. All that did was dent the hell out of the truck. Finally, we decided we needed water, so we hoofed it back a couple of miles to the lake.

Once there, we weren't sure what we were going to do. No one knew where we were, we had no food or water, and no supplies of any type. My buddy wanted to try and build a fire and camp out.

I noticed way off in the distance was a boat. I figured the only way we were going to get help is if I swam out to the boat. So, I swam out there, which was at least a 2 mile swim. It took forever to get out there.

Once I got there, I was greeted by a couple of surprised fishermen. I explained the situation and asked if I could climb onboard and rest for a few minutes. They said no. I asked if I could have something to drink. They said they didn't have enough to share, but offered me some Cheetos. I asked if they could radio for help, but they didn't have a radio. In the end, I hung on to the side of their boat for about 20 minutes and then swam back with their assurance that once they got back to the dock, they'd send help.

I made the long swim back and took the Cheetos with me. My friend and I feasted on the Cheetos, and by the time it started getting dark, a park ranger boat showed up on the shore. Apparently, the fishermen made good on their promise.

We were rescued, and the next day we got a 1 ton Chevy to come pull the truck out. Cost something like $70, which was a bargain.

That was without a doubt, the worst stuck, and the dumbest stuck I've ever had.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
:histerica :lolup

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Great story.... Lotta lessons on there for our younger crowd... Thanks for sharing-----Fog

·
Registered
262 Posts
great story, bet that swim was biotch, I did a one mile and it was bad enough

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was thinking what a couple of A$$holes to not let you at least board thier boat to rest. Good story though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
My favorite part wuz da "Hammer the SOS thing!":histerica

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meweehaa said:
I was thinking what a couple of A$$holes to not let you at least board thier boat to rest. Good story though.
I wasn't so pissed about not letting me on the boat as not letting me have anything to drink. The 2 guys had a cooler full of various beverages.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
That was good, Im glad I read it. Ill have to post my stupid stuck story some time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
... --- ...

.-.. --- .-..

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Good lesspn learned on that one. If it was a small boat it might have flipped when you tried to go onboard???? Maybe? But yeah thos A$$HOLES shoulda gave you a drink, and to offer the cheetos with nothing to drink IMOP is retarted as can be. But at least they did tell someone. I wonder how long they fished before they even told the ranger?

·
Registered
107 Posts
thats a great story. I liked it, those guys were real a-holes man i would have slaped them, but it is good you guys were young and strong:toothless

cool man:twotu:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts