Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to drop my transmission in my 77 F-100 to change the rear main seal, and I can't get the damn driveshaft disconnected. I took off the four nuts on the u bolts holding driveshaft and yoke together but I can't get them to back out. They have never been removed before as far as I can tell. Please help, I have tried prying, smacking with hammer, swearing, and I am close to cutting it in half with a torch and finding another driveshaft. It is a 77 F-100 2WD w/ 300 I6 +C4, also can anybody tell me how many bolts are holding the torque convertor to the flywheel. Thanks.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
You must be holding your mouth wrong. J/K Get some PB blaster or any kind of penetrating fluid, and soak it. Make sure you don't have the U-bolts on a bind. The have to come out almost exactly strait. Then, get a pri bar or large screw driver in there. Just be careful not to buger up the threads.

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I soaked it with PB Blaster Saturday after fighting with it for over an hour, I didn't get a chance to try it today, bronchitis has been kicking my ass lately, especially today. I was banging on those u bolts and couldn't get them to budge at all, hopefully the PB loosened them up a little bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts