Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and some buddy's were at the coast for spring break, and while we were down there we decided tyo do some wheeling.I have an 89 bronco on 35s and my buddy has a 78 bronco on 37s. we get into this cove and start rippin it up and i then start to relize im gettin lower and slowing down. i then put it into four wheel drive and just got deeper. so my friend hooks the chain up and trys pulling me out and ripped his bumper off. so he goes drivin around trying to find someone that could pull me out. i called a tow truck and they came out and said they couldnt pull me out and left. two other trucks tried to pull me out(an expedition on 33s, and a superduty on 38s) but got stuck, so i wasn't alone anymore. finally about 19 hours later my buddy comes back with a 10 wheel drive military truck(duece and a half). he hooked up and pulled us out with no problem but after that experience i cant stand sand.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
You got pics right?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS, need some pics. That tow truck driver sounds like a dick.

·
Registered
125 Posts
waltman said:
PICS, PICS, PICS, PICS, need some pics. That tow truck driver sounds like a dick.
yea sucks that he didnt give a hand, but really what would it look like if a tow truck had to get a tow truck to pull him out, and so on and so on, the only thing that could possibly pull enough would be a duece, even the superduty failed..

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
sounds fun

·
Registered
184 Posts
waltman said:

most companies including the one i work for the rule is the truck don't leave pavement cause if i have to go off the pavement and i get stuck your bill is gonna skyrocket for the fact that i have to tie another truck up to get me out plus you

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Ripped the bumper off, aye? Good show mate, thats not a recovery point. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
HAW HAW (nelson)

Seriously, I feel for you. My buddy bout this awsome centurion with 6" and 35's. nice healthy 351. He goes immediately from picking it up, to pick me up to proceed to drive to this rank mud pit. He's screwing around, having a good time. The guy is 19 and thi sis his first truck(first vechicle). He is having a good time. Starts taking this one route and the ruts are pretty deep looking, I say, hey, slow on down, before you try that, put it in 4wheel low and stay out of the ruts. He jumps forward, goes strait into the ruts and hi centers. Then, as I get out, in my work clothes(that sucked, i thought we were just going for a ride) I notice his front wheels aren't spinning. Guess what? new truck's 4wheel no worky.

So, with no tools, a bottle jack and my lofters, we proceed to call my fiance' and bring my bronco and gear to pull us out. Well, we were living with my parents for 2 months before we moved to WI, so she is walking out the door with tow straps, gloves a change of clothes and a towel at 7pm and my parents were like, "Um, sweetheart, going somewhere?"

Yeah, so then she and my dad show up, my buddy about dies of embarressment and a bunch of 16 year olds, all with working 4 wheel drive, mud boots and straps/what not show up and have a tail gater.

Luckily, my dad was really cool to my buddy and said, "If you are gonna wheel, you are gonna get stuck, just the way it goes," and proceeded to give him 2 straps and a pat on the back.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
wheelin_ranger said:
most companies including the one i work for the rule is the truck don't leave pavement cause if i have to go off the pavement and i get stuck your bill is gonna skyrocket for the fact that i have to tie another truck up to get me out plus you
agreed.
same thing with where i work. i run a 25 ton single axle undelift/twin winch recovery truck some.
prefer not to leave pavement, but sometimes have to to get the contractors out, or the cement mixers unstuck.
the truck has a air locker in the rear, but sometimes it will sink in after hard winching.
the rule is that the other mixers dont leave the site till i get out, or your bill goes up by atleast $125 to have another truck come winch me out.
im shure the tow driver told you this, but you didnt want to take the chance of him getting stuck and you being out a ton more $.
you can't take a lg medium duty or heavy duty wrecker out in the sand that a light 4x4 got stuck in unless he can reach you from pavement or good ground.

·
Registered
531 Posts
that doesn't sound like fun. to hell the the tow truck driver

1 - 16 of 16 Posts