Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently i had a bad idle problem which was fixed w/ a new iac valve. at the time i thought that my stumbling problem was tied into this, but the idle got better and this did not.

basically, at/around 25-40mph when i am off the gas and coasting, it seems to stutter/stumble a bit. the engine is not having issues and the transmission is not having shifting problems (i think) i give it gas and everything is good. it almost feels like my brakes are making quick/light grabs and releasing.

could this be my od having issues kicking in/out?

i don't know what gears i have, but i think they are around 308 (2k at 70mph in od) and i have 31's w/o a lift. i have always had a problem at low speeds w/ her wanting to shift up/down more than i want- usually just run w/ od off and fixes. may just be me, but lately running w/ the od off doesn't seem to have the same effect it used to although it does shift in/out.

one thing is that i recently put on bassani headers (previously had stock manifolds) which run into a bassani y and 3" pipe into a flowmaster 40 and a 3" single exit. this wouldn't be some sort of weird compression braking thing compounded by low backpressure?

hey, my abs light has been lit up for awhile...

any suggestions on a good code reader for 95-96?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
as far as the code reader question 95 and 96 can make a big difference
most 95's use eec-iv which you can easily test with a a jumper wire and test light like in this link http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13 or you can buy a cheap reader like this

I picked up for less than 20 bucks on clearance it does the same thing as a test light and jumper but also beeps with the light

for a 96 it should be obd-ii and most or those readers are pretty spendy, but I picked one up from ebay for about 70 bucks that hooks to a laptop and uses a usb cable and software like this one made by www.tekmatetools.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts